Post-Game Talk: Devils lose 4-3 (OT): The What happened to the PK Edition

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
he has absolutely not been 'terrible' the past few games. He wasn't good in the Washington game but he was fine the other 2 games.

the only bad goal in the past 2 was the Sharks' 3rd goal.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Cant say he's stolen a game either. hasn't been stellar.. Just average. whats in front of him hasn't heled all too much on the d sid of the game. The PK is really killing them. and he has to make saves there...when he can to bail them out some...

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Cant say he's stolen a game either. hasn't been stellar.. Just average. whats in front of him hasn't heled all too much on the d sid of the game. The PK is really killing them. and he has to make saves there...when he can to bail them out some...

I'd say he stole the TB game.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Correct he has not been anything more then average, which is dissapointing thus far. But it's early.

On the PK goals only criticism might be rebound control?

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
Was he terrible last night? I know 4 goals and all, but were any of the bad variety?

other than the TB game he's been very average, last night up 3-1 at the start of the 3rd vs our biggest rival he's gotta put the team on his back and steal a game for us ! thats all Im saying, never a good sign when the goalie turns his head after the puck bounces off the back of the net.

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
Correct he has not been anything more then average, which is dissapointing thus far. But it's early.

On the PK goals only criticism might be rebound control?

yes rebound control....another very important part of a goaltenders game, and his stick handling skills arent that good either.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
yeah right I mean all we ask is that he make a key stop at a critical juncture, we got some nerve dont we.

so you're saying he hasn't made any key stops at critical junctures in the past 2 games?

really?

I think we're watching different games.

wellonegm05*

This....
I was talking about this with my fiends...His rebound control has not been good. Sy what you want bout Marty and nt being the same old marty, but his rebound control was almost always spot on. Cory seems to be just pushing it right out in front expecting a d-man to clear it. Marty almost always put it to the boards...

Well thats what happens when as fans we get spoiled watching him. We go from one of the greatest to ever play the game, to a guy who's never even been an undisputed starter in his career. Cory is a great goalie IMO. But he plays the game the modern way. Just how it is.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
yeah right I mean all we ask is that he make a key stop at a critical juncture, we got some nerve dont we.

As usual, you have no idea what your talking about. He kept them in the San Jose game and was outstanding in the first 2 periods last night. He hasn't been great but he has been fine. If your blaming him for any loss outside the Washington game then I can't take your opinions seriously.

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
As usual, you have no idea what your talking about. He kept them in the San Jose game and was outstanding in the first 2 periods last night. He hasn't been great but he has been fine. If your blaming him for any loss outside the Washington game then I can't take your opinions seriously.

yeah and you know it all...its my opinion that he has been below average so far this season. get the blinders off , look at his numbers for god sake

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
yeah and you know it all...its my opinion that he has been below average so far this season. get the blinders off , look at his numbers for god sake

SO LAST YEAR WHEN PEOPLE WERE SAYING THIS EXACT THING ABOUT MARTY YOU SCOFFED AT US.

can't have it both ways, my man.

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
Well thats what happens when as fans we get spoiled watching him. We go from one of the greatest to ever play the game, to a guy who's never even been an undisputed starter in his career. Cory is a great goalie IMO. But he plays the game the modern way. Just how it is.

if the modern way is below average then this league is in big big trouble

wellonegm05*

Some of you guys really need to change your expectations for Schneider

is a league average save % too much to ask for? Guys getting 3+ goals a game in support. Or would we rather tighten up and then lose 3-2 or 2-1 like he did all last year. Some guys are winners, and some arent. Not saying Cory has defined himself as either yet, however hopefully this is somewhat enlightening to those who thought it was just about stats

wellonegm05*

if the modern way is below average then this league is in big big trouble

The modern way is wearing big pads, playing to "block" the shot as opposed to react and save it(hence the putrid rebound control), no knowledge of the rink outside of the crease, and getting down into butterfly when the puck crosses the blue line. Cory is one of the better ones at it, but the difference between great and average isnt much. If Cory had a clue how to play the puck the Zedlicky give away never happens.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
is a league average save % too much to ask for? Guys getting 3+ goals a game in support. Or would we rather tighten up and then lose 3-2 or 2-1 like he did all last year. Some guys are winners, and some arent. Not saying Cory has defined himself as either yet, however hopefully this is somewhat enlightening to those who thought it was just about stats

His career win% is still very good.

But he needs to play better. Not that he's been terrible this year, but I think when he signed him to that contract we were all expecting/hoping for top5 goalie in the league, and he certainly has not been that. But again, 6 games.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

Check out Rask's numbers so far. Or Lundqvists.

Anyone who is into stats would be the first to tell you that a goaltender's play cannot be properly assessed after six games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad