Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Leafs | Wednesday @ 740pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Wouldn't take them lightly as Schneider can steal a game and they have some skill upfront to pot a few goals.

agreed but if we can chase hank we should be ok with schneider. our speed was on display last night. i can see the devils having issues with us as well. i see a 5-2 game in our favour.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Don't want this to be one of those midweek trap game stinkers we know all too well. Want to be 4-0 going into Montreal.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
People are underestimating the Devils. Hynes is a pretty solid coach, and they've got some hungry youth now of their own. Schneider as well, up until last season, had never posted a season below .920. The Leafs should be the favourite no doubt but this is hockey and no win is ever guaranteed.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Idk man. Forsberg had the game of his life and we still put up 4. We generate ridiculous chances

It really is ridiculous how good we are at creating not only scoring chances, but high danger chances. After two periods I think i saw the HD chances were 18-4 or something.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It really is ridiculous how good we are at creating not only scoring chances, but high danger chances. After two periods I think i saw the HD chances were 18-4 or something.
It's early but we are first in the league in xgf. Wouldn't be shocked if we're the best offensive team in the league as soon as this season

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
People are underestimating the Devils. Hynes is a pretty solid coach, and they've got some hungry youth now of their own. Schneider as well, up until last season, had never posted a season below .920. The Leafs should be the favourite no doubt but this is hockey and no win is ever guaranteed.

The win is all that needs to be said. Nothing is guaranteed in this league. Let's hope they show up an play hard.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
this has trap game written all over it.

Possibly, I don't think they'll take it lightly though and they shouldn't.

I watched NJ vs. Colorado + the highlights vs. Buf; they're quick and talented. Not a heck of a lot different as a team to what we were around this time last year.

Reactions: NJDFAN

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Can't take NJ lightly with how well they've started the year. But this is the kind of matchup we can do some damage in. It isn't the Devils of old. They are more scoring skill. Which is something we can go up against. If it's a game about scoring we've got the ability to win that.

Hope for the best and let's see what the team does.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Who are the key players for the devils guys?
Pavel Zacha: Strong and skilled
Nico Hischier: Ridiculous skill and not afraid of physical play
Bratt: Good forechecker
Taylor Hall: fast and good
Severson: Good young defender
Schneider: good goalie

For the most part their forwards are decent with some high level skilled players in there. Their defense is going to be their weak point

Reactions: Rogie and carko32

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Good chance this is a low scoring (or lower scoring) game as teams settle into their systems.

Teams are going to learn that they cannot run and gun with this version of the Leafs!

QUESTION - since the site upgrade, do the pages hang for anyone else? Performance is total crap for me (Chrome on Windows 10)

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017

For the most part their forwards are decent with some high level skilled players in there. Their defense is going to be their weak point
Hischier was number 1 draft pick this year right?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
These aren't your grandfather's Devils. The trap days are gone. They have good team speed and more pure skill. They handled Buffalo easily. I know it's early but NJ seems to have a nice little (under the radar) build going. They might actually leap frog some teams that have been building for awhile.
Seems like many people think they are the boring old Devils. Couldn't sell these tickets on Stubhub even at a very reduced rate.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Good chance this is a low scoring (or lower scoring) game as teams settle into their systems.

Teams are going to learn that they cannot run and gun with this version of the Leafs!

QUESTION - since the site upgrade, do the pages hang for anyone else? Performance is total crap for me (Chrome on Windows 10)
yep but I'm on Windows 7 Professional. Right now my ad block is showing 4 and the performance is good. When it hangs that number is 176 I believe which is crazy.

Reactions: wingman75

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

You forgot Kyle Palmieri who was basically the Josh Leivo of the Ducks and has flourished with the Devils.

They also have MoJo now who is quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad