Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Leafs | Wednesday @ 740pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm expecting a beat down, I don't believe the devils are real, I think this is a team you feed to Freddie to clean up his numbers, especially if Palmeri and Stafford are out.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I am excited for this game. This is a new devils team and they're dynamic and talented up front. Hischier looks like a legit player already. That said, I don't think they can stop us. We can overwhelm teams, especially if they're weak defensively

Reactions: carko32

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Looks like Moore will come in for Fehr. Rosen-Borgman was still the third pairing again today

Both Rosen and Borgman deserved to be in the lineup based on last game - by the way who is carrying this game?

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
We are facing a very exciting team with some young upcoming stars - Leafs should win this game

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Half of our D-core in this line-up is made up of free agent other league signings, that's pretty incredible.

Great eyes for talent in the organization.

Then you have high end D-prospects on the Marlies in Liljegren and Dermott and all of a sudden a once weak labelled depth is looking pretty promising.

Reactions: Rogie

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Just outwork this team, grind the piss out of them and they will fall over. If i've said it once i've said it a million times... this team only has to play elite offensively for about 10 mins a night to win the game. So far there are these 5-10 minute pockets where the leafs go full juggernaut and play at an unstoppable, uncontainable level. The devils are a nice young team but they are nowhere close to us. We will send them back to hell after this one.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This should be another win but anything can happen and NJ is a young team with lots of speedy players now. Jersey has started out with two wins so can’t take them for granted.

I’m expecting an obligatory Nico goal but we should be able to beat Schneider. He didn’t really look that good against the Sabres but the Sabres couldn’t take advantage.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
These aren't your grandfather's Devils. The trap days are gone. They have good team speed and more pure skill. They handled Buffalo easily. I know it's early but NJ seems to have a nice little (under the radar) build going. They might actually leap frog some teams that have been building for awhile.

They are going to do more than beat Colorado and Buffalo before they get taken seriously, that's not exactly the class of the NHL in those wins

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
They are going to do more than beat Colorado and Buffalo before they get taken seriously, that's not exactly the class of the NHL in those wins
True but you have to start somewhere.
Colorado and Buffalo are losing to NJ. 2 teams that are supposed to be ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad