GDT: Devils @ Kraken, 10 PM EST, MSGSN - IndiDano Jones, Raiders of the Lost OH MY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thoughts on Nirvana ripping off Killing Joke?
Definitely

But I don’t hate them for it or anything, as I’m kind of used to seeing bands do that to other bands, be it blatantly or not so blatantly.

However, if they could afford Tom Petty’s lawyers, I’m sure they would sue!:laugh:

Last edited:

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I'd really like to leverage all of that prospect pool depth. @StevenToddIves had a good post saying that SJ would love young prospects who are NHL ready and could step in the lineup. I think any combo of Bahl, Foote, Thompson, Blackwood Dawes could tempt them in addition to Holtz. He's technically a rental too with a pretty unlikely QO.
I think a deal for Meier could realistically be built around Holtz/Bahl/Blackwood.

San Jose would probably want a bit more, but not overwhelmingly so -- that's a pretty high-caliber base for a trade. One would have to believe the Sharks would covet Holtz, who would not only become their best goal-scoring prospect, but also has a history with their two recent 1st-round-pick centers of Eklund and Bystedt. Bahl would immediately become the Sharks' top LD prospect, ready to step in that line-up. Blackwood would immediately become the most talented goaltender in the SJ organization.

The Sharks have to know that both Luke Hughes and Simon Nemec are off-limits in a deal, and I don't think that would concern them too much as the Devils have a ton to trade from. There would probably be another prospect/pick thrown in there to even it out, maybe a 2nd round pick or a-near-NHL-ready forward like Foote or Clarke.

Of course I'm thinking about this ideally from a Devils perspective. Taking for granted that Holtz is gone in any deal for Timo Meier, I think the idea would be to not have to give up any of Gritsyuk/Mukhamadullin/2023 1st. I'm not sure that's possible, but like I said I'm looking at this ideally as possible and San Jose certainly has a big-time need for players the Devils would consider to be expendable assets, like Bahl, Blackwood and Foote.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Thoughts on Nirvana ripping off Killing Joke?
Ha - I never heard that before but just searched up Killing Joke on Spotify and yeah, certainly sounds like Nirvana ripped off Eighties.

I never realized Killing Joke was around in the 80's, though I owned their 1994 album Pandemonium. Having no internet and all back then, I had no clue. Also had no idea that they've been pumping out a ton of albums since then. I think my listening of them started and ended with Pandemonium.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
If we're wondering why some kinds of music get played at arenas, honestly, it's because the music is mostly aimed appealing to certain demographics, namely kids or the prime spending demo.

Like, it hasn't at all escaped my notice how the Rock now plays a lot more "pop punk" music from the early to mid 00s, since people my age (I'm 37 now) are among the main spenders buying tickets, and then you mix in some pop stuff or whatever else is popular among kids and teens. There's still rock in there, but it was more dominant when the key purchasing demographics were people who came up during the 80s and early 90s.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we're wondering why some kinds of music get played at arenas, honestly, it's because the music is mostly aimed appealing to certain demographics, namely kids or the prime spending demo.

Like, it hasn't at all escaped my notice how the Rock now plays a lot more "pop punk" music from the early to mid 00s, since people my age (I'm 37 now) are among the main spenders buying tickets, and then you mix in some pop stuff or whatever else is popular among kids and teens. There's still rock in there, but it was more dominant when the key purchasing demographics were people who came up during the 80s and early 90s.
All the small things and the please tell me why my car is in the front yard, whatever songs, which have gotta be from 1999 or 2000 are about as popular now as they've been since maybe the first couple years after they came out. At least at hockey games/sporting events.

I never listened to that stuff. I might have if I were 13 or 14 when those songs came out and not 23 or 24.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh man, Ruff looked really annoyed when asked about the 4th line last night in the presser.

Not annoyed for being asked about them, but annoyed with the way they played.

''Well, I think if you saw the game, that line got caught in its own end 2 or 3 times and couldn't get out of its own way''.

The question was specifically asked about Bastian and his low ice time, but he said that line.

I think 2 or 3 times was generous, looked more like 5 or 6.

And ''Couldn't get out of its own way'' was a great way to put it.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I could have sworn I heard Reign In Blood during this road trip haha, I think it was in LA.

I think you’re right. I remember thinking, “they’re playing Raining Blood, we have to win this game now”.

I wish we played more metal at the rock. For a team called the Devils most of the music we play is very tame.

Last edited:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I think you’re right. I remember, “they’re playing Raining Blood, we have to win this game now”.

I wish we played more metal at the rock. For a team called the Devils most of the music we play is very tame.
Yeah I was like wait, what, is that Slayer? I don't think I've ever heard that song played anywhere during a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad