Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
2.44 xGA. 3 GA.

3.02 xGF. 3 GF.

0 SO goals allowed by Grubauer.
1 SO goal allowed by Daws.

Somehow ended up getting outplayed by Grubauer tonight.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He doesn’t leave me wanting more. He loves me with hoping he gets traded for a bag of pucks
I'd rather trade him for a bag of pucks than commit long term to him. If that's all we can get? Then that's all we can get. Much less painful than committing a long term deal.

I don't think we should expect a big return for him anyway, he's too close to UFA and he's never even hit 40 points in his career.

He probably would have hit 40 points a couple of times, but due to shortened seasons and games missed, he has yet to hit 40 points.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
We don't have enough time to burn anymore to see how he does under a new coach. We've run out of time on that.

His contract is up after this year and he's UFA eligible in one more year.

Anything more than a one year deal that takes him straight to UFA is too much of a liability on our part. Money (probably) better spent elsewhere.
Always hoped he would pan out but agree can't sign him or lose him for nothing in a year.....Hopefully a hockey trade this summer

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
2.44 xGA. 3 GA.

3.02 xGF. 3 GF.

0 SO goals allowed by Grubauer.
1 SO goal allowed by Daws.

Somehow ended up getting outplayed by Grubauer tonight.
One other thing on my wishlist is this being Daws season finale in the NHL and the absolute last time we see him in a regular season NHL game until sometime well into the 2023-2024 season at the earliest.

I think it's possible they send him back, but not until Blackwood is playing again, which sounds like it's coming up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hammond was back in net Monday or if it's Daws again. I was very shocked to see Hammond in net for Thursday's game.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I like this team. Fitz has a lot to do, I want to see more physical mature, but still. Darkest hour right before the dawn.
pz, hope you will find a way to make us happy. In new jersey.. Not in New Jersey.
I think most of us see what we have. We need better special teams (coaching staff) and consistent goaltending, but most of the young pieces are there.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
f***ing msg pumping mcleods tires. Omg he’s another failure draft pick I hope goes away this summer. f***ing Bambi on ice
I can't believe I'm the only one that realizes that he's now on his SECOND goal drought of at least 26 games in his NHL career.

And by me being the only one, I mean the broadcast hasn't really highlighted that he's on a 26 game goal drought.

The first drought wasn't really a drought, it was just him not scoring his first goal until his 39th game in the NHL.

He's now had three different 25 game goalless streaks. The last one was snapped in game 26, although on an empty net goal lol.

And he's also had FOUR different goalless streaks of at least 16 games and I don't even think he's gotten to game 155 yet in the NHL.

Can he go 38 games again without a goal? I'd say he probably won't, but if he does, we'll have to wait until next season to find out. I didn't think he'd go 25 games again without a goal and he did.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I can't believe I'm the only one that realizes that he's now on his SECOND goal drought of at least 26 games in his NHL career.

And by me being the only one, I mean the broadcast hasn't really highlighted that he's on a 26 game goal drought.

The first drought wasn't really a drought, it was just him not scoring his first goal until his 39th game in the NHL.

He's now had three different 25 game goalless streaks. The last one was snapped in game 26, although on an empty net goal lol.

And he's also had FOUR different goalless streaks of at least 16 games and I don't even think he's gotten to game 155 yet in the NHL.

Can he go 38 games again without a goal? I'd say he probably won't, but if he does, we'll have to wait until next season to find out. I didn't think he'd go 25 games again without a goal and he did.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I think most of us see what we have. We need better special teams (coaching staff) and consistent goaltending, but most of the young pieces are here.
Special teams are special. I would add third line center too. Other than that - I think they will play better next year. I absolutely agree they need some new coaches to teach them new trick.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think there's a better chance Pete DeBoer is the head coach for the New Jersey Devils next year, with Dave Barr (or Steve Spott, who's pretty lousy himself lol) as his assistant, than the Ruff and Recchi combo.

And I don't think there's a good chance at all that Pete DeBoer is the head coach here next year, that's just how confident I am that we've seen the last of Ruff/Recchi here.

Is there really actually a better chance of it being DeBoer/Spott/ here next year than Ruff/Recchi? Probably not, but I think the Ruff times (pun intended) are about to end.

It's not his fault, but it's not getting any better and it hasn't been any worse in 36 years as far as the record/points percentage of these last two seasons. Does he deserve a chance with new goalies/new power play coach? Like I said, I think we've seen enough.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Severson saying everything wrong about the pp

And what I mean is his idea of how to make it better sucks.

we havent scored on the pp in 25 chances.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i think the injuries provide a convenient excuse for our coaching staff. no way we fire recchi and/or nas this summer.

what i think happens is lindy gets an EXTREMELY short leash to fix their shit, and fitz makes big moves to fix defense, and possibly goaltending. if we're not hot by thanksgiving, full staff firings.

i'd prefer all the staff be fired (don't get me wrong). but for people calling for recchi to get fired, i think our dumb management will give him a pass because

1. firing assistant coaches without firing the head coach is rare
2. he will get a pass on his shit powerplay bc our ES scoring is okay (we're tied w tampa for 12th for 5v5 scoring)

Reactions: Guadana

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i think the injuries provide a convenient excuse for our coaching staff. no way we fire recchi and/or nas this summer.

what i think happens is lindy gets an EXTREMELY short leash to fix their shit, and fitz makes big moves to fix defense, and possibly goaltending. if we're not hot by thanksgiving, full staff firings.

i'd prefer all the staff be fired (don't get me wrong). but for people calling for recchi to get fired, i think our dumb management will give him a pass because

2. he will get a pass on his shit powerplay bc our ES scoring is okay (we're tied w tampa for 12th for 5v5 scoring)
I think they're both gone.

And in the event that they aren't, I think we all can kind of bet that Ruff isn't getting out of 2022-2023 still on the bench, if even the 2022 calendar year.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

It doesn’t sound like we wanna hear, but it sound like it possibly could be.
Sad but true.

Reactions: OmNomNom

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I think if Fitz feels a bad start next year will force his hand on Ruff then he needs to let him go at end of season.....I think Torts is the guy would give us an identity right away and is a proven winner.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Special teams are special. I would add third line center too. Other than that - I think they will play better next year. I absolutely agree they need some new coaches to teach them new trick.
You don’t like Boqvist getting a shot to start the year as the 3C?

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020

Yeah could see this happening but if Fitz feels a rough start and he'll fire Ruff that means it's time now....If he waits and does it in season next year he will start to feel the heat....

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
really hope you're right
I'm pretty confident they're gone.

We were on pace for 66 points last year if it were an 82 game season, we're currently on pace for 65 this year.

Are you really gonna give him a pass for Hughes missing 40 games? The record was still pretty awful in games he played, even with all those points he scored.

The only real excuse he has (and it's a BIG one and definitely legitimate) is goaltending. But he didn't really do himself many favors by playing Blackwood until he was basically dead (remember when he was playing sick and came out and said he was sick and we played him anyway and he gave up a really super softies those two games in a row?) and Daws has been overplayed, despite the fact that he hasn't been all that good in 5-6 weeks now and I'm skeptical that once Blackwood is ready to go that he won't play the remainder of games, unless he gets re-shut down again like Miles Wood lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad