Proposal: Devils/Kings make good partners

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
ya trades was all he did well with pens botterill saved his drafting with late round gems an free agents

At the time I wanted Barzal over Zacha but I think that was on Conte. But I like his drafting otherwise. Hiring Paul Castron as head scout is just another good move he’s made as GM in NJ. So far hiring Hynes and his system seems like another good move.

Maybe he learned a lot of lessons from his time in Pitt. Jersey fans seem to love him so far.

jay caufield forhead

May 17, 2014
not telling you
At the time I wanted Barzal over Zacha but I think that was on Conte. But I like his drafting otherwise. Hiring Paul Castron as head scout is just another good move he’s made as GM in NJ. So far hiring Hynes and his system seems like another good move.

Maybe he learned a lot of lessons from his time in Pitt. Jersey fans seem to love him so far.

like i said botterill saved his but in later rounds drafting he was awful in the first round. ya pitt fans loved him and blysma but he refused to dump him when it was time. not saying he is a bad gm i am sure he has learned from past mistakes. the guy robs people blind in player for player trades for sure.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
No Muzzin doesn’t return a recent top 20 OA and a 1st.

His value only gets 1 if thise and smaller pieces.
Muzzin is one of the top corsi defense man in the league on one of the best if not best defensive teams in the last 6 years. He logs the 2nd most ice time on said team. He plays top pp mins He also plays on the best pk in the league. You are really underestimating a top 2 defense man on a steal of a contract for the mins hes providing. Zacha who has a lot of potential is just that potential He is just a 25 point player who still hasn't played a full season. Not exactly a great player right now As for low first not exactly a guaranteed first top 6 player where they are drafting

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings are in a huge bind with cap space and have a handful of good defensemen. Devils need a left defenseman and have cap space.

Here's the deal:

Devils:
LW Miles Wood
LD Mirco Mueller
2019 3rd round pick

Kings:
LD Jake Muzzin

Kings get one of the Devils' young guns who had a 19-goal season and could be a 40-45 point winger in a year or two. They also get a bottom-pairing LD, whereas the Devils get a top-four LD. The best part for the Kings? They're both making or are projected to make less than $2m on their next contracts whereas Muzzin is still making $4m.

The problem with your assertion is that the Kings are in no way in a “huge bind with cap space”. They have four free agents this offseason: Kevin Gravel (Kings won’t re-sign), Christian Folin (will probably sign with another team), Torrey Mitchell (near league minimum if he re-signs), and Tobias Rieder (RFA, $1-2 million for 1-2 years, if the Kings even re-sign him). With $4.2 million in cap space this season, I’m not seeing this huge cap crunch.

Even if the Kings did have some sort of cap issue, Muzzin only makes $4 million per year. Where’s the crunch?

David Catselhoff

Jan 14, 2005
Id love to see my magical 3 way trade happen. Its never gonna tho..

To NJ
Jake Muzzin

To OTT
Alec Martinez
Tyler Toffoli
LA 1st
NJ 1st

To LA
Erik Karlsson
Pavel Zacha

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
yeah... if LA is trading away their #2D... it's for a PROVEN top 6 forward

not a bundle of stuffffff

dzubrus8

Jun 15, 2014
The problem with your assertion is that the Kings are in no way in a “huge bind with cap space”. They have four free agents this offseason: Kevin Gravel (Kings won’t re-sign), Christian Folin (will probably sign with another team), Torrey Mitchell (near league minimum if he re-signs), and Tobias Rieder (RFA, $1-2 million for 1-2 years, if the Kings even re-sign him). With $4.2 million in cap space this season, I’m not seeing this huge cap crunch.

Even if the Kings did have some sort of cap issue, Muzzin only makes $4 million per year. Where’s the crunch?

That's good to know. I saw they have the least cap space and they have that Drew Doughty deal to figure out for next year plus they still have some holes. I guess I overestimated their troubles and underestimated Muzzin's worth to the team.

Allow me to make a counter:

Devils:
RW Jesper Bratt
LD Mirco Mueller
2019 1st Round Pick

Kings:
LD Jake Muzzin

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
That's good to know. I saw they have the least cap space and they have that Drew Doughty deal to figure out for next year plus they still have some holes. I guess I overestimated their troubles and underestimated Muzzin's worth to the team.

Allow me to make a counter:

Devils:
RW Jesper Bratt
LD Mirco Mueller
2019 1st Round Pick

Kings:
LD Jake Muzzin

Still a big NO! And no more LHD (f**k)

LHD on the Kings...

Muzzin
Martinez
Phanuef