Proposal: Devils/Kings make good partners

dzubrus8

Jun 15, 2014
Kings are in a huge bind with cap space and have a handful of good defensemen. Devils need a left defenseman and have cap space.

Here's the deal:

Devils:
LW Miles Wood
LD Mirco Mueller
2019 3rd round pick

Kings:
LD Jake Muzzin

Kings get one of the Devils' young guns who had a 19-goal season and could be a 40-45 point winger in a year or two. They also get a bottom-pairing LD, whereas the Devils get a top-four LD. The best part for the Kings? They're both making or are projected to make less than $2m on their next contracts whereas Muzzin is still making $4m.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Gross. Easy pass.

Muzzin is a #2 that has proven he can log a ton of minutes and still be a 40+ point D-Man.

Not gonna trade him for a 3rd line Powerforward, a D that would be buried in the AHL, and a mid 3rd rounder.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
If they gonna trade Muzzin, I expect Kings aiming for a top prospect that can make a massive impact, not a bunch minor players. Muzzin is not a cap problem....

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Agree with My fellow King fan no chance Muzzin goes for so little. If the Kings trade Muzzin hes getting a top 6 winger on a elc and a high pick at min The kings have absolutely no need for a left handed defense man to replace Muzzin . We have forbort Dion martinez already Gravel is ufa but can be resigned We also have Fattenburg signed Brickely signed Not to mention a few others close to ready in the ahl. The last thing the kings need is another left handed defense man

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I would be very tempted to package 17 OA + something like Severson for Muzzin

The idea that I’ve floated before is Zacha + 17OA, which is likely what it would take. I’m a big Zacha fan, so this would sting.

Yeah, last time we had this conversation, various Devils fans were okay with configurations of 2 of the 3, Zacha-Severson-1st for Muzzin. I'd personally prefer Zacha-Severson rather than the pick, but I can see why that would be seen as too steep, too.

In any case not at all interested in the OPs proposal, we have enough depth LHD and middle wingers.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Ok would be ok with moving Muzzin but I would need to see 2 things first.

1) How good Brickley is to fill Muzzin's spot.

And

2) What is happening with Voynov.

To NJ:
Muzzin
Rymsha
3rd

To LA:
Zacha
Severson
1st

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Agree with My fellow King fan no chance Muzzin goes for so little. If the Kings trade Muzzin hes getting a top 6 winger on a elc and a high pick at min The kings have absolutely no need for a left handed defense man to replace Muzzin . We have forbort Dion martinez already Gravel is ufa but can be resigned We also have Fattenburg signed Brickely signed Not to mention a few others close to ready in the ahl. The last thing the kings need is another left handed defense man

No Muzzin doesn’t return a recent top 20 OA and a 1st.

His value only gets 1 if thise and smaller pieces.

member 88115

The OP proposal is pretty bad, but I do like the Zacha + 2018 1st. We do need a 3rd line Center and gets us another chance at good winger through the draft.

member 88115

No Muzzin doesn’t return a recent top 20 OA and a 1st.

His value only gets 1 if thise and smaller pieces.
You think a 6FT 3", 40 point & 170+ hits a season at only 4 mil for 2 seasons dmen gets only a first and small pieces? More legit offers like Zacha (6 overall 2015) + the 17th pick this year is more likely. You might get Myers from the Jets at that price, but he only has a year left and gets paid more (1.5 mil more).

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Yeah that’s really bad

Yeah but LA doesn't need to move Muzzin. And with Doughty still being unsigned...Muzzin is our best signed Dman to take over that Top Pairing role if anything happens with Doughty leaving. So it's going to take a big overpayment to move him.

LA could probably switch it to a better prospect but definitely not a major one. Like I said it will take a big overpayment to move Muzzin at this point not knowing about Doughty, Brickley and Voynov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad