GDT: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSG/MSGSN/Devils TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Last game of the preseason people!
Less than a week before Devils regular season hockey!

shoresy-yeah.gif

0xop5ge1rga91.gif

For the last time, you know the drill, keeping it short and sweet with the final preseason GDT!

Devils look to go 7-0 in preseason against the Isles!

LGD!

xDFPpLW.gif

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Lose this game so I don't have to randomly panic about having an undefeated record like the 16-17 Avs. Obviously way different situations but that's gonna stop my fandom doing that. :laugh:

Unfortunately the isles have not looked good in any of their preseason games. But I do think we probably lose this one. It should be the last chance for all the bubble guys which should mean a pretty weak lineup, I would think anyway.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Lose this game so I don't have to randomly panic about having an undefeated record like the 16-17 Avs. Obviously way different situations but that's gonna stop my fandom doing that. :laugh:

Woah...the '16-'17 Avs went undefeated in the preseason and went on to have a miserable regular season??? How come NOBODY mentioned that in the thread on the main boards???

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Devils had 2 arguably bad break goals against them last game, I’d like about 5 bad break goals against and 4 posts for tonight to even out some preseason karma.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
This feels so much like a game that doesn't need to be played other than giving our prospects and AHL fodder a chance to play.

Can't wait till Thursday.
Yes, they already had the dress rehersal on Wednesday. Play the kids + required number of qualifying vets.

Reactions: My3Sons

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Who counts as a veteran? Can they play guys like Bastian and McLeod to qualify? I'd just as soon let everyone in the top 9 sit if at all possible.
Yes. I believe a guy like Tierney also qualifies. It’s based on number of NHL games played over the previous few season. I don’t know the exact number.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I would expect to see mostly AHL guys tonight, I wouldn't imagine they're willing to risk injuries at this point.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Is it confirmed that we’re icing mostly guys who aren’t making the team? If so, I’ll feel less bad about probably skipping this one.

Might be interesting to see who suits up who is on the bubble, and if that indicates anything about who will make the team out of camp.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I wonder who the 8 vets will be since Bastian is in maybe they'll run Mcleod and Nosek with him.

Guessing the vets :
Bastian
Mcleod
Nosek
Vanacek (Backup)
Tierney
Smith
Miller

Still need one more and they cut most of the D so maybe one of the regular d to finish off the group

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I wonder who the 8 vets will be since Bastian is in maybe they'll run Mcleod and Nosek with him.

Guessing the vets :
Bastian
Mcleod
Nosek
Vanacek (Backup)
Tierney
Smith
Miller

Still need one more and they cut most of the D so maybe one of the regular d to finish off the group
Lazar gets to 6 for 6 in ore-season games!

Do playoff games count toward the bet minimums? If so Schmid would count, otherwise he falls just short on the games dressed (which I think is 50 the previous year).

Reactions: My3Sons and HBK27

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
This feels so much like a game that doesn't need to be played other than giving our prospects and AHL fodder a chance to play.

Can't wait till Thursday.

Who counts as a veteran? Can they play guys like Bastian and McLeod to qualify? I'd just as soon let everyone in the top 9 sit if at all possible.

I would expect to see mostly AHL guys tonight, I wouldn't imagine they're willing to risk injuries at this point.
We don’t have that many purely AHL guys left. It’s gonna be a bit weaker but we’re still gonna have mostly regulars. At least 6 regular forwards, at least 4 regular D, and probably Schmid and Vanacek.

Have 8 skaters to cut still so at least 10 are gonna be the NHL guys. Some of those guys might still be on the mix too.

9 guys without a spot locked up: Foote, Thompson, Tierney, Willman, Halonen(hasn’t played since first game), Bowers, Dowling, Nemec, Hattaka.

1 of those guys will be on the team

Guessing the vets :
Bastian
Mcleod
Nosek
Vanacek (Backup)
Tierney
Smith
Miller

There’s gonna be at least 10 or 11 vets anyways. Including at least 4 D. For the reason above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad