Not open for further replies.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
PxLUzfo.jpg

Haha same score!

HA - perfect.

We scored 4 goals. Cammy broke his goalless streak. We scored ES goals.

Most importantly we won a game we needed to win.

AND PAP was robbed twice within seconds of each other or the score could have been 5-1 easily.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
So...if you were driving somewhere tonight and didn't have Sirius you couldn't listen to the game? What sort of bush-league garbage is that. Literally I went out to get dinner tonight and I couldn't listen to the game. And I just saw that this is the case for 22 more games this season.

I would recommend downloading the iHeartRadio app.

All the Devils games that aren't on the radio -- and even the ones that are -- are broadcasted on the new "OneJersey" station the Devils created.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Quincey and Auvitu with under 16 minutes again tonight. Moore barely over with 16:02.

Greene 24:27
Lovejoy 22:17
Severson 21:48

All three of those guys had phenomenal games. Plus we have a lot of PKing to do and then hold a lead in the third.

Auvitu was also taken off the second PP unit which likely hurt his numbers a lot.

Have you noticed his ice time has been significantly down? Also he was not on the PP at all today. And he is on the 3rd line. It is not by accident. He has been terrible, most of the people on here have noticed and clearly the coaching staff has as well. So the question is, what have you been watching?

The coaching staff went with a very weird second PP group tonight. Not sure if it was to give Parenteau/Cammalleri/Auvitu a rest given that we were playing back-to-back, but it was still odd.

Moore
Boucher - Henrique - Bennett
Lappin

Seems like they wanted to reward Bennett/Lappin with some offensive chances. Speaking of Lappin, he's been spectacular in his short stint in the line-up. He plays a very simple but effective game and it seems like every line he's been put on they've started buzzing in the offensive zone. He might end up being the victim of the waiver game when Gazdic is healthy, but he's been brought everything that DSP should bring.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm hoping we just waive Gazdic when he gets healthy, although I'm not against Lappin getting sent back if he needs it.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Zacha has not been good at center last 2 games he played it. Josefson was unplayably bad at wing. Seems like a fine solution to that issue for the time being.

Of course Josefson has been on ice for 3 5v5 goals this year, he was on for 4 all of last year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think anyone brought this up before the game, which was probably for the best.

But Stempniak was in the lineup for the Canes tonight and did not score any points.:laugh:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't think anyone brought this up before the game, which was probably for the best.

But Stempniak was in the lineup for the Canes tonight and did not score any points.:laugh:

I was half expecting him to score the game winner against us or something since he seems to enjoy scoring on his former teams.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Once again Zajac deserves some love.

That was a really slick play to set up the first goal.

It was, although it helped that Hanifin kind of stupidly sold out on the block attempt. I've never really understood why defensemen do that. More often than not it seems they just end up laying on the ice looking like a fool.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
It was obvious that Cammy & JJ had their best games and it was big to get a road win. However, they still don't sustain enough pressure in the other teams zone and the passing and breakouts are still for the most part sloppy. Although, they won I still notice many aspects in their game that needs improvement. The Frenchman and Bennett also played well last night.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
It was, although it helped that Hanifin kind of stupidly sold out on the block attempt. I've never really understood why defensemen do that. More often than not it seems they just end up laying on the ice looking like a fool.

You just need to think of all the cursed times that alone defender went down to block and saved a goal because the very top of his stick deflected the puck or made it bounce. Of course if mistimed you look like the fool sleeping on the ice

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Did anyone think Zajac would have as many points as Hall after 11 games and Severson would be leading the team?

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I would recommend downloading the iHeartRadio app.

All the Devils games that aren't on the radio -- and even the ones that are -- are broadcasted on the new "OneJersey" station the Devils created.

I'd like to but I don't have any more space on my phone for another app. I have no little memory right now I can only have essential apps and that's certainly not one of them.

I just find it laughable that a major league sports team doesn't have all its games available on terrestrial radio! Plus the first I head of this new network was just the day before

Camille the Eel

All three of those guys had phenomenal games. Plus we have a lot of PKing to do and then hold a lead in the third.

Auvitu was also taken off the second PP unit which likely hurt his numbers a lot.

The coaching staff went with a very weird second PP group tonight. Not sure if it was to give Parenteau/Cammalleri/Auvitu a rest given that we were playing back-to-back, but it was still odd.

Moore
Boucher - Henrique - Bennett
Lappin

Seems like they wanted to reward Bennett/Lappin with some offensive chances. Speaking of Lappin, he's been spectacular in his short stint in the line-up. He plays a very simple but effective game and it seems like every line he's been put on they've started buzzing in the offensive zone. He might end up being the victim of the waiver game when Gazdic is healthy, but he's been brought everything that DSP should bring.

Yes Lappin has looked good. The only times you notice him he's doing something positive, moving well and carrying the puck, banging in the corners, getting shots on net.

We got a lot of time and space to skate last night. They gave us huge amounts of room and put absolutely no pressure on the puck when we had it. Just backed off.

It was the complete opposite from the two games down in Florida when we got no time and no space. And didn't handle it well.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Murphy was just standing their covering air Gelinas-style.

That goal wasn't at all Hanifin's fault.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'd like to but I don't have any more space on my phone for another app. I have no little memory right now I can only have essential apps and that's certainly not one of them.

I just find it laughable that a major league sports team doesn't have all its games available on terrestrial radio! Plus the first I head of this new network was just the day before

In that case, I would say try to delete your old messages and/or take any non-essential photos and store them in a folder on your laptop/computer.

Between those two alone, you should be able to open up enough space for a simple radio app.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Zacha has not been good at center last 2 games he played it. Josefson was unplayably bad at wing. Seems like a fine solution to that issue for the time being.

Of course Josefson has been on ice for 3 5v5 goals this year, he was on for 4 all of last year.

Disagree.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Disagree.

Okay, great. He's capable of some really good things - there was a fantastic rush up ice at some point against Tampa - but he also had poor positioning that blew a decent breakout and turned it into nothing. Just having the ability to make good plays isn't enough; they have to be executed.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I thought Zacha looked far more tentative and out of position at wing than he did at center.

Maybe with time he will learn, but he seems like he needs to be more involved in the game or else he has a tendency to start watching and drifting out of the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad