GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes - DAS EUPHORIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Cammalleri has sucked this season. A hat trick doesn't change that. Hopefully he's turned the corner...but since preseason he's been a big steaming pile of ****.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Hall-Zacha-Bennett
Cammalleri-Zajac-Palmieri
Boucher-Henrique-PAP
Kalinin/JJ-Fiddler-DSP

Greene-Severson
Auvitu-Lovejoy
Moore-Quincey

Don't put that Trio back together again (at least not yet).

Keep Cam and Bennett and Yayo(??) for one more game given Cammy's game got a groove again.

Question is, do you keep Kalinin the odd man out and put DSP back in for Boucher? Boucher was not very useful on 4th line, which everyone and their mother knows just by looking at that lineup and given Boosh's skillset. Theres no one else to take out and Lappin is playing way too good to even think about taking out. Bennett found some sort of rythym too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Cammalleri was by far our worst player the entire season before this game. So bad that many thought he was actually done. Are you trying to say he wasn't bad and people were overreacting? Because no one was overreacting. He was shockingly terrible.

Of course he was bad...and of course people were dramatically overreacting. You don't have to double down trying to point out how he was bad - yes he has been - but it was still too quick to jump off the ship. Saying he should be scratched for the likes of Josefson is something I never thought I'd see here, no less after ten lousy games.

And funny how he got the first goal and then the second and third came just like that. He was feeling the pressure of the bagel in the goal column, like some of us were saying.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It was a complete overreaction to write him off after a bad month to start the season after not having played since last January or February whatever it was. It was like when people said "who needs Parise we have Clarkson" one month into 2013. The same goes for Henrique and Palmieri they are too good not to come around.

Stop being smug and pretending it was clear as day to you that Cammalleri was gonna come around. I've watched every game and went to 2, he's been an embarrassment this season. Couldn't get anything on net, couldn't handle or make passes. It was perfectly valid to be upset and concerned with his play. Not even his lack of production, but his terrible overall play.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Maybe, but I'm not sure Boucher can really keep up with Zacha. Plus he's not particularly good defensively (quite honestly he's really not good at much other than his shot). I just don't think he fits with this team and how they want to play.

Half this team don't move their feet and the transition game is a disaster, so what do we lose with him in the lineup?

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
Stop being smug and pretending it was clear as day to you that Cammalleri was gonna come around. I've watched every game and went to 2, he's been an embarrassment this season. Couldn't get anything on net, couldn't handle or make passes. It was perfectly valid to be upset and concerned with his play. Not even his lack of production, but his terrible overall play.

No one is denying he has been very bad, I would have been okay with him getting scratched for a game to light a fire under his ass but I don't think Hynes would do that. However, nobody should have been saying his career is over which was being bandied about this past week. 10 games into a season that is very premature. Hopefully this is the jump start to his season. Happy with the much needed win for the team as well.

Last edited:

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Camm-Josefson-Bennett needs to be kept together. We need offense at even strength and they gave us some. I'm also not prepared to say Camm is back to his old form, need to see more than just 1 good game.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I hate to be that guy, but we did just play Carolina and Eddie Lack. Hopefully, it starts something with Camm, but..

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That plus we have a history of never scoring on crappy backups. If anything it's good that we beat up on the bad goalies like tonight or that schmo the Coyotes put out there. A little with Reimer even too.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
But what? He needed to break through and that is what happened.

I was one of the ones thinking out loud that for him to look THAT bad it could portend something more serious than a cold streak and I'm not ready to say he turned a corner because he scored a hat trick against a bad goalie. It's not nothing, and it's not everything.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was one of the ones thinking out loud that for him to look THAT bad it could portend something more serious than a cold streak and I'm not ready to say he turned a corner because he scored a hat trick against a bad goalie. It's not nothing, and it's not everything.

Lack is ****ing terrible, but I think he's played well enough to score a goal or two before tonight.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
No one is denying he has been very bad, I would have been okay with him getting scratched for a game to light a fire under his ass but I don't think Hynes would do that. However, nobody should have been saying his career is over which was being bandied about this past week. 10 games into a season that is very premature. Hopefully this is the jump start to his season. Happy with the much needed win for the team as well.

That goes without saying, but we all know how this board works. Sometimes it is much more about venting frustration then it is about rational thought.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
So...if you were driving somewhere tonight and didn't have Sirius you couldn't listen to the game? What sort of bush-league garbage is that. Literally I went out to get dinner tonight and I couldn't listen to the game. And I just saw that this is the case for 22 more games this season.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I don't know what you guys have been watching, I think Cammy's been fine all year. He was snakebit and gripping the stick a little, now he's more at ease. He's a big part of our team.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I don't know what you guys have been watching, I think Cammy's been fine all year. He was snakebit and gripping the stick a little, now he's more at ease. He's a big part of our team.

Have you noticed his ice time has been significantly down? Also he was not on the PP at all today. And he is on the 3rd line. It is not by accident. He has been terrible, most of the people on here have noticed and clearly the coaching staff has as well. So the question is, what have you been watching?

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Given how he was playing, along with his age, it was not irrational to wonder if Cammalleri was done.

The end usually comes swiftly for guys who make their bones as complementary goal scorers.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Have you noticed his ice time has been significantly down? Also he was not on the PP at all today. And he is on the 3rd line. It is not by accident. He has been terrible, most of the people on here have noticed and clearly the coaching staff has as well. So the question is, what have you been watching?

Like I said, he was playing tentatively. After today he's fourth on the team in scoring. All this talk of him being a disaster on the ice has been overblown.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Read all the HF posts regarding Cammalleri from last night and this morning.

Then look at his game tonight.

Pure comedy.

You could apply that to just about anyone whose game does a 180 from the previous. Yes, Camm has been awful from day 1 of the season while others have been awful here and there, but it IS comical how posts on any single player vary from game to game. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad