Post-Game Talk: Devils get their lunch money stolen 4-0 to the Quacks

5 "Goats" of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
terry was drafted in 2015 and has never produced like this before. maybe this is his break out season and he becomes a superstar. maybe he becomes a fine top 6 winger. or maybe he falls a little back closer to his previous production. small sample sizes shouldn't be used for definite predictions.

he only really got to the league 1.5 year ago but he produced at a .41 pt a game rate last year - that'd be good enough to be among our top scorers. I get what you're saying - but I've just watched his play in the last three games - and I'm more impressed with that than just his stats. He looks the part of a good scorer who seems to manufacture his own chances - as opposed to just banging in pucks laying in the slot or getting lucky deflections.

Reactions: NJ Fan 12

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Someone really needs to be fired, if not everyone. This team should be much better than it is. Devils have had the worst PP and PK in the league for how many years now, yet the same bozos are still in charge.

I really shouldn't get too worked up about something I can't control, but it's hard with all the time spent following this team, to see them give a piss poor effort night after night. Seems like this team is cursed, no matter how good you are, once you put on a Devils jersey you'll suck (I guess that's the karmic irony of the fan chants).

This stretch from 2012 to this day, is now the worst period in the devils hockey, I don't know how many years I can take this anymore before I have to give up on hockey all together. This just upsets me way too much and starts to affect the rest of my life negatively.

Based on what exactly? A team that was 20 or so games under .500 a year ago is better than .500 this year despite myriad changes and injuries to key players. If the inconsistency continues into December or January I'd think you're right.

At the moment I'd chalk the occasional blips up to a team still finding it's identity and learning from adversity.

This Devils team is well ahead of where it was in years past. And should continue to grow through the season.

Reactions: Devs3cups

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
he only really got to the league 1.5 year ago but he produced at a .41 pt a game rate last year - that'd be good enough to be among our top scorers. I get what you're saying - but I've just watched his play in the last three games - and I'm more impressed with that than just his stats. He looks the part of a good scorer who seems to manufacture his own chances - as opposed to just banging in pucks laying in the slot or getting lucky deflections.
it sounds like you consider him a skilled player. but the way a player scorers or helps his teammates to score imo isn't important to call a player skilled or lucky.

player a scores a lacrosse goal in his third game and first attempt.
player b scores on deflection in his twenty first game, after seeing numerous deflections saved or miss the target.

player a could be the more skilled player of the two but not necessarily. if player a after numerous tries never again scores a lacrosse goal, he was just lucky the one time it worked. and if player b scores one hundred goals by deflections only, he is actually really skilled at it. having the ability to repetitively do the same thing over and over again is skill. getting a result one or just a few times out of a lot of tries is luck.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad