Pre-Game Talk: Devils game 5 (Game is Thursday 4/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I wish I was around for this era

jfsszho3o4621.jpg

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
"They gave their best but their best wasn't good enough" has never happened. Every loss is because of effort. I've been reading it since 2011.

It's a cult.

Questioning the complete level in a singular game doesn't lump one in with that but there's a very large group of posters for whom it's an agenda that they revel in complaining about every chance they get, just like the posters who do that with the coach, the posters who do that with whoever the best player is, the posters who used to do that with fighting before they lost that battle, and the poster who does it with Kravtsov.

Except all of those are less annoying.
The Devils were terrible in their own end in game 4, awful. Blowing coverages and turning the puck over left and right. But instead of getting pucks deep and forechecking, they f***ed around in the neutral zone trying to be all fancy. Maybe it's not compete level and they were just being obstinate but whatever you want to call it, it wasn't good enough. People have a right to be pissed or disappointed when the team blows a golden opportunity to lock the series up. It's frustrating because they're the better team. Maybe that changes next year or the year after but right now the Rangers are better. And instead of looking to close the series out tomorrow night, you're one or two flukey plays away from the season coming dangerously close to ending horrifically.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I also feel that if it is a single game, those things happen. The series ebbs and flows and some nights you don't have it. If they no compete level, they wouldn't be in the series.
Yeah. That’s fair. And if the compete level doesn’t come up they’ll likely be out of this series in two games. Which doesn’t mean it’s the ONLY way they can lose of course. Puck luck, calls going NJs way, or NJ just plain beating them.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Again. Effort does not equal willingness to du what’s needed to win. We most certainly have several players who refuse, or are simply unable, to adapt their play style when things aren’t working.
This I'd be more willing to buy.

If the first thing Panarin wants to do doesn't work, he does it 15 more times.

I think he's actually a very high-rate player in terms of effort, especially for a scoring winger, but he does not deal with frustration well.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah. There probably few players, and fewer teams, that you could say “don’t want it” or don’t make an “effort”. But there are levels. Like with any other attribute. Even guys we say can’t skate are pretty damn f***ing good compare to most everyone outside the NHL. Same thing with effort and doggedness. Players in this league mostly ALL have it… but who has it most? That means a lot. I wouldn’t say the NYR didnt care in Game 4, didn’t make ANY effort, but they didn’t put in the superior effort that was needed. They didn’t do the things they needed to do and no one stopped them from doing those things but themselves.

Reactions: jerseyjinx94

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
It's tough for me to say what's up with the effort, I didn't see games 1 and 2.

Game 3, we looked good overall, great even. Hard fought game. The curse of new opponent goalie, making him bigger than he is. We just didn't score on our chances and it bit us in the ass eventually. Almost did everything right. A stinger.

Game 4 was really a bad effort. Many disappearing acts. Even Igor, from the start looked shaky on his feet in net. We couldn't make anything happen, even if we had tried.
A stinker.

We've seen these kind of games (game 4) many times. Maybe this group can break that eventually.

Reactions: CLW

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
"In a seven-game series, win the first two games but allow the opponent to win the next two games to instill overconfidence. Then attack the opponent when they perceive themselves as being at their strongest. Encourage your fans to criticize your perceived lack of killer instinct, for when you defeat your opponent, they will realize their error of ways and shower glory upon you twice as adamant." --Sun Tzu, Art of Hockey
Worded almost as well as a sir avgard prophecy

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Amidst the heat of the playoff fight,
The Rangers and the Devils under the lights,
George Patton stood, with steely gaze,
Commanding his team in fierce displays.

But as he looked upon the bench,
He saw a sight that made him clench,
For there sat Zibanejad, with plate in hand,
Eating tofu, a food that he couldn't stand.

He marched towards the unsuspecting player,
A stern look on his face, like a warrior slayer,
And with a voice that boomed across the ice,
He said, "What are you doing, eating that twice?"

"Tofu is for the weak, for those who can't fight,
For soldiers, we eat meat, that's our right.
So put that plate down, and listen to me,
Or else you'll be benched for eternity."

Zibanejad trembled, as Patton's wrath,
Fell upon him like an icy bath,
And with a swift and angry motion,
Patton grabbed the plate, with total devotion.

He tossed it out onto the ice,
With a look that was not at all nice,
And as it shattered into pieces,
Zibanejad's tofu love, truly ceases.

For in the battle of the playoff race,
Only the strongest and bravest embrace,
The food of warriors, meat and bread,
And with Patton as coach, they'll always be led.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
What was the split of Rangers fans at games 1 and 2? Do you expect similar this game?
I heard anywhere from 15% to 35%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad