GDT: Devils..Free Agent signing day

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Yeah we need another center that can do Zajac like things...but better then current old man Zajac
Kelly?
download.php

Reactions: OmNomNom

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I don't want to gamble actual assets on him though. If the trade is super cheap sure, but Saad can be had for just money.

Its the term with Saad that has me looking elsewhere.

As for Tarasenko, there’s no way St-Louis is asking for a hefty return for a guy who will clear over 7M$ of cap space, coming off back to back surgeries and has stated that he’s willing to lift his NTC for anyone who wants him, just so he doesn’t have to play for the Blues ever again.

Reactions: Nubmer6

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Who is going to come in and be close to a 50-60 pt guy? Foote? Holtz? Boqvist? Mercer? None of those guys are near that yet to me. Tatar's value to me seems like it could be pretty low and a 1 year prove it type deal like Hoffman got in St Louis is perfect for us and him
He's trending away from being a 50-60 point guy. For wings, we have Bratt, Sharon, Zacha and one opening unless I'm forgetting someone while writing this. I'd gladly leave one spot open for one of our young guys to take or someone who is sure fire top line. I think we should be past the guys that are "affordable."

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I agree with you. Personally the 3C is my primary focus now more than a top 6 wing. I like Kuokkanen in the top 6 FAR more than I like Boqvist and McLeod as the bottom 6 centers. Ideally we get one of each

We have to give Hughes a legit option on the wings. Kuokkanen was a good option last year but we should have higher aspirations.

Reactions: Ol Dirty Bstrd

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
He's trending away from being a 50-60 point guy. For wings, we have Bratt, Sharon, Zacha and one opening unless I'm forgetting someone while writing this. I'd gladly leave one spot open for one of our young guys to take or someone who is sure fire top line. I think we should be past the guys that are "affordable."

Last 3 years went from 58 pts to a 74 pt pace to a 50 pt pace. I'd bet on him being a 50-60 pt guy with Hughes and Sharangovich. Tatar isn't just "affordable" he's legitimately good.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Looking at the free agent list. Thoughts on Krejci on a two year deal? Boston may not have room for him.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Last 3 years went from 58 pts to a 74 pt pace to a 50 pt pace. I'd bet on him being a 50-60 pt guy with Hughes and Sharangovich. Tatar isn't just "affordable" he's legitimately good.
That's fine, I wouldn't bet against it. But I would rather one of our guys we hope to be there long term try it instead.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
We have to give Hughes a legit option on the wings. Kuokkanen was a good option last year but we should have higher aspirations.

The guy had the 2nd best 5v5 P/60 only behind Bratt. Granted part of that is riding an on ice SH% bender for part of the year but he's fine to play there and it's less of an issue than having a guy who might not even be an NHLer and a 4th liner as our bottom 2 centers

Reactions: TheDuke93

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
That's fine, I wouldn't bet against it. But I would rather one of our guys we hope to be there long term try it instead.

If the goal really is to be competitive I don't think that's the way to go. If we're looking at next year as a year where you just let the young guys play and whatever happens happens then sure let the young guys battle it out

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Its the term with Saad that has me looking elsewhere.

As for Tarasenko, there’s no way St-Louis is asking for a hefty return for a guy who will clear over 7M$ of cap space, coming off back to back surgeries and has stated that he’s willing to lift his NTC for anyone who wants him, just so he doesn’t have to play for the Blues ever again.

Exactly. I take the gamble with Tarasenko because he's only got 2 years left, but only if it doesn't cost very much. Any UFA we can sign either sucks or is going to want much longer term, and we're probably going to need the open slots at wing within 2 years with Holtz, Mercer and possibly Clarke pushing for top 6 positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad