GDT: Devils @ Flyers - 7 P.M. - Devils TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
There is no good spot for Holtz in that sense. Hischier’s line will get the tough matchups most likely and does Hoktz play on the Haula line or fourth line? Maybe with Jack and Bratt but Toffoli would seem to fit there. Hopefully he can develop some offensive touch and find a niche to expand upon.
Best defesnemen will play against Hughes. Its okay to use Holtz on the third line. I dont know why Jim worry.

Besides jokes, I would prefer to use Holtz with Palat and Haula. And use Mercer with Nico, Mercer looked great this preseason and he really did much more to prove himself as a legit top-6 player.

Reactions: JimEIV and My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Georgia/Auburn is a good one right now if you want to kill some time
Too close to game time now. :)

Best defesnemen will play against Hughes. Its okay to use Holtz on the third line. I dont know why Jim worry.

Besides jokes, I would prefer to use Holtz with Palat and Haula. And use Mercer with Nico, Mercer looked great this preseason and he really did much more to prove himself as a legit top-6 player.
If Holtz is on the 3rd line I have no problem...but if Holtz is in the top 6 at the expense of Mercer that's not good.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Meier Hischier Mercer sounds like a great line. Holtz is not yet the player Mercer is and may never be but that’s no shame. It’s unlikely to me that Toffoli extends next season and I’m sure the team hopes he can move into the goal scoring wing role.

Reactions: Guadana

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
I will go the other way with Holtz and Mercer by saying they are exactly where they should be the way this lineup is currently constituted.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
If it’s this much of a debate about where we can even play Holtz in the lineup are we confident that he should even be playing in the NHL?

Basically it seems as though he’s not a bottom 6 player but also shouldn’t play with Nico because he’ll get the tough matchups. At the same time Jack seems to work well with Toffoli and he won’t shelter Holtz as much while also getting some of the hard matchups too particularly when the other team has the first change.

Seems like they’re really trying him with Nico and Timo right now.
At the end of the day, to stick around, he needs to be able to hold his own defensively and impact the game regardless of what line he’s on and who he’s with.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Meier Hischier Mercer sounds like a great line. Holtz is not yet the player Mercer is and may never be but that’s no shame. It’s unlikely to me that Toffoli extends next season and I’m sure the team hopes he can move into the goal scoring wing role.
And I hope too. I just prefer to give him more limited easy role to play against weaker opponents and adapt to NHL on regular basis. Hischier is playing against best. And its not... smart to use Holtz against players who can easily rob him and create dangerous chances against us. I think its a big request for him.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad