Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
giphy.gif

Short and sweet preseason GDT again!

Devils look to go 4-0 in preseason tonight against the Flyers!

LGD!

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
If that Haula line ends up staying like that...
I think nocking Mercer down to force-fit Holtz into the lineup is bullshit.
I think they'll be the best 3rd line in the league. They'll get plenty of minutes, they'll be able to play against anyone, and Palat and Mercer will still get plenty of opportunity on the second powerplay. Holtz is gonna be more useful playing with linemates who can create space by drawing defenders in with their skating and puckhandling.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think they'll be the best 3rd line in the league. They'll get plenty of minutes, they'll be able to play against anyone, and Palat and Mercer will still get plenty of opportunity on the second powerplay. Holtz is gonna be more useful playing with linemates who can create space by drawing defenders in with their skating and puckhandling.
It's easily justified but the reality is Holtz is not better than Mercer at anything.

And a Palat and Haula line will absolutely face more defensive and physically challenging situations...so you have Mercer a 27 goal and 56 point sophomore in a contract year getting bumped for a guy who hasn't done much at all with his opportunities.

The logistics don't justify the reality of the situation.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It's easily justified but the reality is Holtz is not better than Mercer at anything.

And a Palat and Haula line will absolutely face more defensive and physically challenging situations...so you have Mercer a 27 goal and 56 point sophomore in a contract year getting bumped for a guy who hasn't done much at all with his opportunities.

The logistics don't justify the reality of the situation.

There is no good spot for Holtz in that sense. Hischier’s line will get the tough matchups most likely and does Hoktz play on the Haula line or fourth line? Maybe with Jack and Bratt but Toffoli would seem to fit there. Hopefully he can develop some offensive touch and find a niche to expand upon.

Reactions: JimEIV

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
If that Haula line ends up staying like that...
I think nocking Mercer down to force-fit Holtz into the lineup is bullshit.
It’s a long season, you know Lindy will blend these lines eventually. But I love the idea of spreading the wealth if we can. And I’m sure management doesn’t mind giving Mercer lesser linemates with him needing a new contract soon, but that is conspiratorial thinking.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
For some strange reason I'm watching USF v Navy trying to waste time until the Devils are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad