Post-Game Talk: Devils devour the Rags tears in OT (4-3)

MountainGoat

Doesn't make any sense to send Merrill back down either if he keeps playing this way

How many times are we going to keep sending the rookies up and ****ing down? Let the momentum keep going for once because flip flopping them all the time has not been working

Seeing how PDB has handled Fayne, it shouldn't come as a surprise if he gets scratched before Merrill gets sent down and there shouldn't be too many issues with it either

I doubt Merrill is going anywhere, he's getting plenty of ice time and he cleans up a lot of mistakes Gelinas makes, he's just too good in his own end.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Merrill's playing 20+ minutes a night, they're not sending him down. Larsson'll get sent down before Merrill at this point. But really I think they'll just sit Harrold and trade/bench/waive Fayne.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Someone during his draft year compared Merrill to John Carlson, and I have to say that comparison was 100% spot on.

He's so smooth and smart with the puck, not really flashy but seems to always make the right play. He's also got that poise and calmness about him that Larsson also has.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
You do NOT trade Gelinas, Merril or Larsson. I don't care what the return is. These are defensemen that are playing so well at the moment while their best years are far ahead of them.

I'd rather wait it out a few years through mediocrity and make other moves. This teams defense is going to be ridiculous.

I agree. Defensemen are hard to cultivate. Don't trade any of them. Now if we could only trade Pete and Lou.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
They do that in every arena in Canada PLUS Buffalo. Ridiculous haha And Rag fans say they invade us hahaha They get MAYBE 30% on a good night nowadays. The Leafs get 60% maybe more in Ottawa. Truly amazing. Oh and Toronto is a couple of hours away from Ottawa, not 8 miles like MSG to the Rock...

Leaf fans are a virus that CANNOT be killed. I am surrounded by them at all times, so I know from first hand experience.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I still love Larsson, but im not listing him as completely off the table. we obviously need forward help. if we had gotten Huberdeau or Landeskog that year would we want to trade them for Larsson right now? skilled young forwards are what we need right now

ill be very upset if we move Larsson, but ill understand why

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still love Larsson, but im not listing him as completely off the table. we obviously need forward help. if we had gotten Huberdeau or Landeskog that year would we want to trade them for Larsson right now? skilled young forwards are what we need right now

ill be very upset if we move Larsson, but ill understand why

I feel the exact same way.

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
Wow! :amazed:

We need to organize an invasion of MSG like this! Can we get something like this going on the board? Coordinate buying tickets and take over :)

This would be an area where Jeff Vanderbeek and other wealthy fans would be useful.

Imagine if JVB bought up an entire section for a "corporate event" and sold at face or reduced price to season ticket holders and other known Devils fans.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
5bait.gif

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
With the amount of very promising D kids both in the lineup and in the pipeline I don't think one or two can be off limits if the right deal for a dynamic forward became available.

This is where Lou and conte's successful drafting of all these defensemen could greatly help the team but it HAS to be the right deal or uou just keep them and look to the ufa market for forward help.

MountainGoat

With the amount of very promising D kids both in the lineup and in the pipeline I don't think one or two can be off limits if the right deal for a dynamic forward became available.

This is where Lou and conte's successful drafting of all these defensemen could greatly help the team but it HAS to be the right deal or uou just keep them and look to the ufa market for forward help.

the best part about this is there are so many teams in this league that will kill for a young stud defenseman... and we have plenty of them

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
cam janssen is an elite goalscorer now and all these jagoffs on the main board are just gonna have to learn to deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad