Post-Game Talk: Devils crush the Caps 6-0: The Dea Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm most impressed by our defense. The corps has been solid. Severson looks improved, Mueller looks like a top-4 defenseman, Greene has returned to form, and Butcher is still Butcher.
Mueller makes me nervous. When the puck is on his stick it seems like it takes him a while to figure out what to do next. It happens a lot.

Reactions: Oneiro

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Whoever was saying we look faster this season than last, they were right. We're definitely quicker. Some guys have definitely been working on their skating and their ability to make quick passes.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Severson was really good, unless I missed him ****ing up during the 57 times my TV went blank. :laugh: He was pretty nasty too sticking up for his teammates.
He had some awful shifts early on, but he had a good game after that. Whole team played well.

Reactions: JK3

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Mueller's and Zacha's best games as Devils IMO. At least from the games I have watched.

And to follow up the 'our defense has been the best surprise' comment... I thought the LAST game may have been Mueller's best as a Devil, so the fact he's put two back-to-back with top-pairing matchups is damn impressive.

Not worried at all about Zacha's point totals - he is a stud.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
yeah if dea, boyle and coleman keep scoring i don’t care about zacha f***ing up every opportunity

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
There was not one weak link in that game. I can't even bitch about Lovejoy.

That should have been 10-0.

And poor Copley. He kept them in that game for 2 periods.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Nico's zone entries looked good today, also like how he isn't being pushed around as much as last year (against the boards especially)

Reactions: My3Sons

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Shero should try to extend Butcher before the calendar year concludes. We might get a nice break on his next contract if he locks him up early.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
I wonder what Dea’s emoji will be
Neutral-if-you-know-what-i-mean-l.png

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Noesen is a lot faster than I thought. There was one zone entry, I believe in the 2nd period where I thought he was Miles Wood for a second

Reactions: My3Sons

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Severson was really good, unless I missed him ****ing up during the 57 times my TV went blank. :laugh: He was pretty nasty too sticking up for his teammates.
He had that one power play where he was god awful, but other than that he was good.

Reactions: JK3

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
serious question

when is the last time we played that good of an all around game?

that was domination

Last year's 8-3 win over Vegas, maybe or knocking down the Kings 3-0 during the stretch drive? I would've put up the regular season Tampa wins, but I think we got really lucky in them.

That gauntlet we ran at the end of last year was pretty awesome, but I'm not sure anything had this complete a game from top-to-bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad