Waived: Devils claim Warsofsky off waivers

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I never saw Schultz play, but I guess he must be better than Warsofsky ...

I've seen a few Oilers games and while he looked lost at times and definitely you can see the lack of confidence in how he handled the puck, he wasn't the dumpster fire that he was made out to be. You clearly saw a guy desperate for some guidance, but getting none of it.

I'm curious to see if he rebounds, he's probably desperate to get in a game to show that he's worth the risk.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
GMJR should sweep his office for bugs. I am sure Shero is one step ahead of the Pens. I am hopeful the Pens actually hire a GM that realizes this team is poorly constructed and now in cap hell with the stupidity of the Maatta extension. Does Chicago or other well managed franchises like Chicago sign him for 24 million based on 30 freaken games when he was healthy. I assure you the first call anaheim made this morning was to the Pens to see who they could fleece from GMJR.

Please, assure me then. Your very definitive of this statement, tell me how this phone call went, with recording since you have inside scoop, this way we can all understand your overly dramatic musings.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I still don't get how people blame JR for that.

JR literally had zero familiarity with Lovejoy, he didn't have any attachment to the guy, but Botterill, Morehouse, Fitzgerald, and Guerin did. So how does a guy that has no attachment to a player decide to move Despres for him knowing he'd be a good fit on the Penguins again? He didn't. Just like that DJ trade having JB's finger prints all over it. It's what scares me most about when JR is gone, we really don't know the extent of the stupidity that runs deep in this franchises' upper management.

But...ok, I see how people want to keep assuming it's going to happen again.

Speaking of waivers...

So the Pens can't send Murray back down because he can't play in the Playoffs there so now he HAS to stay up, but they still like Zatkoff and want to play him too in a weird 3 goalie rotation.

There's no point sending Zatkoff down as well, he can't do anything after the season there...so I guess it's Jarry's team now with a coach that makes you want to punch stuff.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
So the Pens can't send Murray back down because he can't play in the Playoffs there so now he HAS to stay up, but they still like Zatkoff and want to play him too in a weird 3 goalie rotation.

There's no point sending Zatkoff down as well, he can't do anything after the season there...so I guess it's Jarry's team now with a coach that makes you want to punch stuff.

They did make Murray eligible for AHL playoffs by sending him down before the deadline and then calling him back up. So they did the necessary paper transactions. They also made Pouliot, Rust and Wilson eligible for AHL playoffs.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Yes Anaheim as a trade partner got Despres for a journey man D man. It is not the fact of that trade, it is the fact you only get Lovejoy back. Then you trade an expiring contract for a LW who every Ranger fan and writer has said was over paid and no way the Rangers pay that 4 million per. But GMJR takes on an additional 12 million of cost and gets zero, spit, nada back for taking on that difference.

So yes if I am Anaheim, my first call on the TDL day is to the GM who seems to be willing to do deals that we love. But no matter right. After all GMJR is making decisions that impact the franchise as if he is going to be here for 5 more years. Maatta was a reach as to the contract. Lot of optimism on his return to some level that he showed for what 30 games. See what you have next year before before you commit a 6 year 4 million dollar deal to a player who has 2 major surgeries, cancer and now daily medication. But they know more than I do so the decision is theirs to live with. All hope for the best, but that is no way to run a franchise. This is guaranteed money unlike the NFL. In the age of a salary cap, committing money for a possible return to some level of improvement is not something I condone.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Last year I worked for the ECHL's South Carolina Stingrays. It was a good time. We won 23 games in a row. We made it to Game 7 of the Kelly Cup Finals. We lost, but it was a wild ride.

The assistant coach of the South Carolina Stingrays is a good guy named Ryan Warsofsky. He is, you guessed it, the brother of David Warsofsky.

That is my two degrees of separation from this story. That is my story. Thank you for reading.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
Yes Anaheim as a trade partner got Despres for a journey man D man. It is not the fact of that trade, it is the fact you only get Lovejoy back. Then you trade an expiring contract for a LW who every Ranger fan and writer has said was over paid and no way the Rangers pay that 4 million per. But GMJR takes on an additional 12 million of cost and gets zero, spit, nada back for taking on that difference.

So yes if I am Anaheim, my first call on the TDL day is to the GM who seems to be willing to do deals that we love. But no matter right. After all GMJR is making decisions that impact the franchise as if he is going to be here for 5 more years. Maatta was a reach as to the contract. Lot of optimism on his return to some level that he showed for what 30 games. See what you have next year before before you commit a 6 year 4 million dollar deal to a player who has 2 major surgeries, cancer and now daily medication. But they know more than I do so the decision is theirs to live with. All hope for the best, but that is no way to run a franchise. This is guaranteed money unlike the NFL. In the age of a salary cap, committing money for a possible return to some level of improvement is not something I condone.

I'd do that Maatta contract every day. Every contract is a risk, no matter who your giving it to, Maatta has his red flags, but I think the reward of that contract far outweighs the risk - it certainly doesn't reach any kind of "cap hell" or "stupidity" standard that you claim.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00