Confirmed with Link: Devils claim Noesen

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
According to his eliteprospects page, his name is pronounced "NASE-in"? I wouldn't have ever guessed that...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45567

My first thought when I saw his name was that it rhymed with Rosen, like Rangers PBP Sam Rosen.

But I'm not surprised of that pronunciation either.

That surname may come from Germany, I'm having a hard time finding the origin of it though. And German surnames are sometimes notorious for pronunciations that differ from the spelling. My own last name being an example of that. Although mine is pronounced the way it looks, but it's also mispronounced constantly to another way it might look, depending on how you might pronounce the I in it. :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Enough with the Nosen jokes, those are embargoed because they're offensive...and again not relevant to the player either.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Ya, I thought he looked all right. Obviously scoring a goal makes the rest of his game look better, but I thought he showed good energy(not surprising 1st game with a new team) and maybe even some speed.

If the speed is real, then I think he could be an interesting player.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Ya, I thought he looked all right. Obviously scoring a goal makes the rest of his game look better, but I thought he showed good energy(not surprising 1st game with a new team) and maybe even some speed.

IDK how you fake speed or how it isn't real. He was also playing a game after a cross country trip. He had a damn good game, especially given the fact he came right to NJ from California to play.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Great first showing- scored, made a few nice plays, and wasn't ever really a noticeable liability.

Also seemed to be a bit chippy getting in a caps players face. Pretty good thing to see him do in his first game with a new team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
On pace for 82 points in a full season as a Devil!:sarcasm:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Figures he's already one of our better scorers. Then again he hasn't been here long enough to be sucked into our vortex of offensive suck :P

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We're really due for one of these diamond in the rough pick ups, since almost all of them have bombed. Not just in recent years, but going back to the last few Lou years with Bobby Butler and D'Agostini and then Olesz. The Rangers seemed to get a decent waiver pick up in Matt Puempel. Another former 2011 first round pick of Ottawa, that was going nowhere. He's by no means great, but he has 7 points in 15 games this year as a Rangers. I feel like the only time one of these has worked out for us recently was Farnham and DSP, and they each had fluke streaks and were really not all that good.

It's really hard to tell what kind of a player Noesen might be at the NHL level, as he only has played 15 career games and has averaged a whopping 6 minutes and 50 seconds over his first 14 games. That's 35 seconds more than Gazdic over his career.:laugh::laugh:

I'm not asking for a Taylor Hall or even a Palmieri or Parenteau here, but I just want someone that's better than the Kalinin's, DSP's, Fiddler's, Josefson's, etc, of the organization.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I thought he played a hell of a game.

Drifting high up in the zone to find space on his goal. The pass across the ice to Zacha. He made a few nice passing plays when he was out with Cammalleri. Seemed to do a good job of turning pucks over in the neutral zone and springing the attack.

A lot of smart simple plays from him.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Glad to hear Noesen had a good game and played over 5 minutes.

Ducks fan here and a big fan of Noesen. Not a big fan of our head Coach Carlyle running only three lines and giving scraps to his fourth line. His game was slow down by two freak and season affecting injuries. There's still promise with Noesen, unfortunately, it won't be here with Anaheim. If Bruce Boudreau were still HC, then Noesen would have found a place and developed. But Carlyle favors 3 lines and Boll. LoL

I hope the best for Noesen and the other former Ducks on your team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Glad to hear Noesen had a good game and played over 5 minutes.

Ducks fan here and a big fan of Noesen. Not a big fan of our head Coach Carlyle running only three lines and giving scraps to his fourth line. His game was slow down by two freak and season affecting injuries. There's still promise with Noesen, unfortunately, it won't be here with Anaheim. If Bruce Boudreau were still HC, then Noesen would have found a place and developed. But Carlyle favors 3 lines and Boll. LoL

I hope the best for Noesen and the other former Ducks on your team.

That might explain his 6:53 seconds of ice time over his career, up until last game.:laugh:

Last night's game with 11:46 of ice time, bumped him up to 7:09 average TOI for his career haha. I know Carlyle loves his grit and grinder types and shuns possession players and a possession system. Not that I'm even sure if Noesen is a good possession guy, as he has only played 15 NHL games so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad