Confirmed with Link: Devils claim Noesen

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
you are so dramatic :laugh:

hes on pace for almost exactly the same point totals as last year. Thats who he is going to be, a ~50 point player. What did you expect, exactly?

Production early in the season would be nice. Production after any chance of playoffs has evaporated is useless, but this has nothing to do with Noesen except in so far as Noesen will probably be completely useless at the NHL level. That was the initial point of my statement: Noesen will be useless but in good company among the Devils.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
There are many players to blame for this season.

I'm with you (on Palmieri and everyone else). He has 11 goals in 47 games. That's not good enough. PAP leads our team in goals which pretty much says it all to me. Of our regular forwards, only Hall and Zajac have met expectations so far, and even that might be a little kind. We certainly have no forwards overachieving.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I'm with you (on Palmieri and everyone else). He has 11 goals in 47 games. That's not good enough. PAP leads our team in goals which pretty much says it all to me. Of our regular forwards, only Hall and Zajac have met expectations so far, and even that might be a little kind. We certainly have no forwards overachieving.

Exactly. On a team that has performed as badly as the Devils, very few (if any) players should be exempt from criticism, as far as I'm concerned.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
how many goals would you be happy with Palmieri having at this point in time, exactly? 2 more? 3 more?

you do realize those are bounces either way, right?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Production early in the season would be nice. Production after any chance of playoffs has evaporated is useless, but this has nothing to do with Noesen except in so far as Noesen will probably be completely useless at the NHL level. That was the initial point of my statement: Noesen will be useless but in good company among the Devils.

Dang FJG cutting deep.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I don't think Palmieri's been good this year either, but I'm glad this thread on Noesen could be turned into a referendum on the 2016-17 season.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We need RW's and to add a 23 year old former 1st round pick sounds good to me.

I do think the NHL needs to address this though...There are obviously kids who need more development time. A player like Boucher getting bounced around not getting much opportunity either in the NHL or the AHL is effectively ruining his career. Or least ruining any possibility of a career. There are tons of players like this and doesn't seem right.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
how many goals would you be happy with Palmieri having at this point in time, exactly? 2 more? 3 more?

you do realize those are bounces either way, right?

At what point are we allowed as fans to draw attention the fact that our top players have led us nowhere but the bottom of the conference? We have tried moving around chairs on the Titanic (bringing in new fourth liners/getting rid of the old) but that has done nothing to stop the ship from sinking. Perhaps the problem is with the ship (our core of players). We can continue to blame inconsequential fourth liners, but eventually some critique of top players who have brought us no success or even respectability might be merited.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
At what point are we allowed as fans to draw attention the fact that our top players have led us nowhere but the bottom of the conference?.

Where we're not doing it is in a Noesen thread. Let's keep this on topic or this is getting locked.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
At what point are we allowed as fans to draw attention the fact that our top players have led us nowhere but the bottom of the conference? We have tried moving around chairs on the Titanic (bringing in new fourth liners/getting rid of the old) but that has done nothing to stop the ship from sinking. Perhaps the problem is with the ship (our core of players). We can continue to blame inconsequential fourth liners, but eventually some critique of top players who have brought us no success or even respectability might be merited.

Do it in the right thread at least.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
getting a player for nothing, especially with our cap space, is never, ever a bad thing. lateral at worst.

he has to pass a physical before it’s official, right? is the guy currently injured?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad