Confirmed with Link: Devils claim Noesen

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I cynically wonder if this guy's going to be this year's DSP lol...former highly thought of prospect who gets pigeonholed into the fourth line for other teams, comes here and goes on a fluke scoring streak then the next year we realize why other coaches pinned him on the fourth line :P

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I cynically wonder if this guy's going to be this year's DSP lol...former highly thought of prospect who gets pigeonholed into the fourth line for other teams, comes here and goes on a fluke scoring streak then the next year we realize why other coaches pinned him on the fourth line :P

Maybe.

But he seems to skate better than DSP ever did.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
IDK how you fake speed or how it isn't real. He was also playing a game after a cross country trip. He had a damn good game, especially given the fact he came right to NJ from California to play.

Well I saw him play one game, and my basis was a rush late in the game where he gained some seperation. Now were those guys that he was able to gain seperation on good skaters? Were they giving it their all given the score and time left in the game? I don't know.

There was a moment just after the Ruutu trade where I was surprised by his skating too, I figured he was shot. Turns out he was shot, he just wasn't the absolute turtle I expected.

But yeah, I saw a flash, hopefully it proves to me more then just a flash.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Please don't say that!:laugh:

I could see it right now. Guy scores like 30 points from now until the end of the year, then next year he struggles to score 15 points in 82 games. :cry:

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
From what I've seen so far he's definitely more talented than DSP, effort level is higher as well. Has some speed, can enter the O zone with the puck, works hard down low and does the little things pretty well. DSP seems like a guy you need to keep motivated. I'm a fan, hopefully he continues to play well enough to become a legitimate bottom 6 guy for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad