Post-Game Talk: Devils @ Caps : 2 PM

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I dislike Pierre for all the obvious reasons but he made some good observations about the Caps today. He mentioned that they've had 3 coaches in 4 years and that the lack of continuity is actually a big deal and a lot for the core to work through. Patience, friends.
Why did you have to mention you dislike him when the point of the post is about something he said that you agree with though?

HurricaneFanatic

Jan 16, 2020
So based on this year so far, you guys think Ovi has enough juice to get 182 more? I mean, 6 goals in 13 GP isn't bad.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
That late goal by the Devils totally screwed me. So angry.

caps -1.5 to of 6 (push) to Pelicans money line to
Pelicans over 230.5.

4 teamer paid 15 to 1. Even the push would’ve still been around 10 to 1. Or get ONE freaking EN goal and Bazinga!!!

why are the Caps so bad at 5 on 6? Have they scored an EN all season? Hate it. HATE

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Why did you have to mention you dislike him when the point of the post is about something he said that you agree with though?
Because it adds credence to her point that it was something that was actually worthwhile?

Because she isn’t a Pierre “lover”, and realizes that most of us think he’s a clown?

Did I really need to spell all of that out?

Last edited:

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Something to build off hopefully.
Good to see the PP back to where it should be.

To me, we still arent utilising the best assets on this team with physical play. That might be something they ramp up over the season but we arent going to out speed teams anymore.
Theres a helluva lot more flow this season than last and yes it comes in spurts but these things take time and they take practice and we havnt had a great deal of either of those given the circumstances.

Really hope Sammy can get well soon and be who we need him to be. VV probably isnt he guy but also dont count out Craig Ando. He played some great hockey in Ottawa for a long time with very little support. He could see an opportunity opening up here to run with and he will be doing everything he can to give what is likely his last season in the big show, a big crack.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I turned it off at 2-0 since Jr was up from his nap and wanted to play. What a nice surprise when I resumed later.

Ovie's stats sneaked up on me. How is he 6-9-15 in 13gp? I feel like it's been a quiet year for him so far.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
So based on this year so far, you guys think Ovi has enough juice to get 182 more? I mean, 6 goals in 13 GP isn't bad.

I think a short camp will never benefit older players. Throw in the 4 games he missed for the suspension and then you compound the issue.

It’ll come down to his own desire and hunger.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

If there is a player that can this, it is Ovy. It's a shame we had COVID and lockouts because he would be in the running this year or next to break the record.

Reactions: Calicaps

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Having Vrana and Kuzy on the same line is tough.

Kuzy's softness and laziness as a center is bad obviously. He's still tradeable and valuable. Its reasonable to expect GMBM finding good trade partner and looks like not that probable to expect Kuzy to become more active and responsible player.

If Kuzy is not motivated enough to be Ovi's center (8-92-43)... well, he certainly isnt a good combo with Vrana too.

If there was no Kuzy Vrana would be ok. But paying him big time money is already a bit scary. So trading away Vrana for more blue collar guy should be an option too.

One of them in top-9 should be much better than both. None of them (depending on return) could be even better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad