GDT: Devils @ Canucks - 10:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
29-C5-DAC1-7857-4-AF8-A977-6-A70-DFE5-E8-C6.jpg

any predictions on what the next complaint will be?
might not be the next, but definitely will be brought up after losing in a physical game:

devils employ a style, which doesn't work in the playoffs. hence we need to trade bratt for whatever we can get.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The amount of people who lack humility is stunning. Like shit, stop being a downer, admit you may have overreacted and come back and support the team during a good stretch.

But nope, of course not.

Humility is a fantastic trait that everyone should have.
I agree completely. Everyone should follow my shining example. You won't find anyone more humble than me and I should be recognized and lauded for it even if I have to tell everyone about it to make them notice.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I don’t even know how I’ll respond if we have a loss and the usual group shows up to complain.

For the life of me I can’t figure out why some people only want to come here for losses and have no interest during this winning streak.

I honestly needed to step away during the first two losses, I just didn’t need the board’s rage on top of my frustration.
get vaxed

just daily read the gdt of the first two regular season games. this should make you immune until the next loss.

• Wow
Reactions: Guttersniped

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
If Blackwood gets next game, I think it's fair to say he is the 1A of that equation.

I'm not on the anti Blackwood bandwagon, but I think Vitek should have the edge as 1A at this point.

I also don't want to get ahead of reality either. Let's see what they do Thursday, Vitek should get that start.

I don't think that's true either. If Blackwood starts Thursday and has a bad game, Vitek will get a run. I also think if Blackwood starts Thursday and is good, Vanecek will start on Saturday. There is no A or B.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
After Blackwood's post game interview, as well as Ruff's comments, both were talking like Blackwood probably would have played at least one other game since last Monday, but that he was ''Dealing'' with an ''Elbow'' injury which is what caused him to miss that practice last Thursday night. It didn't cause Blackwood to not dress a game, but the Colorado game was the very next night.

Now I'm wondering if he would have played the Colorado game if he hadn't had a sore elbow or whatever it was. After Vanecek shut out the Avs, they kind of had to play him against Columbus.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Jack sauced it cross ice, over 3 sticks and landed directly on the tape of Bratt. Yes, absurd.
It was nice.

I thought the Bratt quick release right on to Nico's stick was the highlight of the play.

But it's really the entirety of the play that makes it noteworthy. Just not the type of goal we've seen a lot in recent, and even not so recent, seasons.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Love your optimism on the matter, but I'm 60/40 Blackwood plays next game, maybe even 70/30.

And I was actually 95% sure Vanecek was gonna start last night and 99% sure he would start the Columbus game, after being irrationally paranoid Blackwood would start pretty much any game (including the Colorado game) before that.

I can’t believe you’re not optimistic about this lol. I didn’t see that coming.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't think that's true either. If Blackwood starts Thursday and has a bad game, Vitek will get a run. I also think if Blackwood starts Thursday and is good, Vanecek will start on Saturday. There is no A or B.
But Vitek just won 3 in a row, while allowing 3 total goals, after Blackwood got smoked vs Wash. To break that string with 2 Blackwood starts, which would give Blackwood a 7-4 start lead? While Vitek has the better numbers?

Would certainly seem like Ruff is leaning towards Blackwood. And I'd be wondering the reason as to why.

But let's see what happens Thursday.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Prior to last night Blackwood was 4-0 vs. Vancouver. He's now 5-0, with 2 shutouts. A 0.98 GAA and .962 save %. Those latter stats were higher prior to Horvat potting 2 goals last night.

Plus it was an out of conference game. VV can't play 'em all. You need Blackwood to come in and provide quality starts.

Didnt realize that stat. Makes sense to have played him

Reactions: NJDevs26

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I actually can't find his name when I go to look him up?:oops:
may rangers fans play drums or trumpets :dunno:

Something like "50% of the time, it works every time".

I remember seeing Naked Gun in the theater when I was 12ish, so I wasn't real familiar with that style of humor. It was a big moment.
anybody knows where's this one from?

'the chances are 50-50, maybe even 60-60.'

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
. I thought Graves had a rough game, whoever is suggesting that he's been great because of his +-, needs to realize he's playing with Marino who has been looking like a top dman in the whole league.
Wait, have people been suggesting Graves had been great? He was brutal yesterday and really isn’t very good. Smith was brutal too and Severson didn’t have his best game.

But main point, Graves isn’t good

Him and Smith both hold their own in games where they’re playing with significantly better partners and we’re running circles around the opposition. Otherwise in games like last night they suck. Severson has had 2-3 iffy games this season so far too. That combined with Marino’s play is making we more comfortable with the prospect of losing him.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Wait, have people been suggesting Graves had been great? He was brutal yesterday and really isn’t very good. Smith was brutal too and Severson didn’t have his best game.

But main point, Graves isn’t good

Him and Smith both hold their own in games where they’re playing with significantly better partners and we’re running circles around the opposition. Otherwise in games like last night they suck. Severson has had 2-3 iffy games this season so far too. That combined with Marino’s play is making we more comfortable with the prospect of losing him.
I went to bed after the first, but first period Severson was a flub machine. He's killing his trade/free agency value.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Let’s not get out of control with the Blackwood love fest because he had a good game. That could really get us in trouble at some point.

Vitek should still be the starter.

But you know Blackwood is almost definitely playing next game.
I'm not so sold on Vanacek as the starter either. I really don't mind Ruff mixing and matching the goalies unless someone absolutely steals the job.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It was nice.

I thought the Bratt quick release right on to Nico's stick was the highlight of the play.

But it's really the entirety of the play that makes it noteworthy. Just not the type of goal we've seen a lot in recent, and even not so recent, seasons.
Rewatching it again. It was actually the better pass. Bratts was also great, but he had a clean lane to Nico for the slam dunk which allowed him to keep it on the ice. Jack had the much more difficult pass to make which allowed Bratt and Nico to do the slam dunk. Saucing it through that much traffic, that quickly to the tape of Bratt allowed the clear lane to Nico.

642E5802-FEEC-44E9-8430-DB6F1DBFBB0F.jpeg
1B5049FD-68F5-43EF-9BC8-A4E1879ED81E.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad