GDT: Devils @ Canes Game 2

stevewin

Oct 21, 2016
Right now the Canes are like a stripped-down hot rod with nothing but an engine, controls, and an unholy amount of performance. Looks like injuries to star players make them concentrate on the essentials.
You said stripped-down Hot Rod
1683376263029.png

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
“Canes don’t have any stars, just focus on shutting down aho”

“We did it boys”
flyers fan coming in peace, you guys have the best fanbase, im glad you guys dont talk about about bedard this, bedard that, i keep telling them, it's a team sport not one guy, i mean look at jack Hughes, im like who's that?

freaking nhl media digusts me over how much they are fixated over bedard and my fanbase as well like what im saying he's freaking small, there's defenseman and forwards in the playoffs, that are bigger than him, he probably wont even get through them and struggle.

like the media does this every year and they never admit they are never wrong.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
He looks like a young Sylvester Stallone.

How did Philly ever let this guy get away?

It would've been so funny to see him get a small role in a movie like the expendables.

On a side...in a way we owe Rods x wife a gift basket for all the success she sent to Carolina.

Would be another good movie....the year is 2090 and the Canes have missed the playoffs for 90x years straight.....one mad genius Canes fan travels back in time to seduce RBAs wife and create this timeline

...Is Petterson married :sarcasm:

Paging @TheRillestPaulFenton I have a spec op for you...

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
flyers fan coming in peace, you guys have the best fanbase, im glad you guys dont talk about about bedard this, bedard that, i keep telling them, it's a team sport not one guy, i mean look at jack Hughes, im like who's that?

freaking nhl media digusts me over how much they are fixated over bedard and my fanbase as well like what im saying he's freaking small, there's defenseman and forwards in the playoffs, that are bigger than him, he probably wont even get through them and struggle.

Players win accolades. Teams win trophies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

That's all well and good, but I'm pretty sure every Canes fan would take Bedard if he were available to them. Same with Jack Hughes.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Last night was category 5 Hurricanes hockey, and it was a joy to witness in person. So much top to bottom production from the line up.

KK and Necas getting into a groove and getting on the scoresheet is huge for these important top 6 players producing after our injuries. Martinook had a beautiful goal, and 2 assists. Ghost had 2 assists. Poolparty, although he didn't get on the score sheet, was huge with winning a board battle that led to one of KK's two goals and generally didn't look bad to me. Jarvis had some good scoring opportunities too.

Speaking of Jarvis, I noticed he was cheering Necas on when they were on the bench after Necas scored. Jarvis was being a supportive teammate after Necas has been snakebitten lately with trying to score; I'm glad Necas got rewarded for his resilience.

Also, Drury got his first point ever in the NHL playoffs, and finished with 2 assists! So good to see for him; he's earned it with all of his good work so far in the playoffs and what times we've called him up from the AHL.

I have to think last night's performance and production helps the confidence of some guys.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Liam McHugh saying that the arena is so loud you can barely hear the siren immediately before they cut to Ward with his son is just some damn unfortunate timing.
I can confirm.

I did not hear the siren in person last night because the fans were so loud.

*Edit* I also wanted to give credit to Andersen since I didn't in my last post among several other players. I've been critical of him since late in the regular season with some of his mistakes, but Andersen went Neo mode last night with some big saves, and he especially was solid on the 5 on 3 to 5 on 4. If NJ scored first from that early in the game, we could've had a very different game.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad