GDT: Devils @ Canadiens - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
This goaltending situation is fine IMO.

Vanecek is the best goalie on the team/in the organization and Schmid/Daws probably isn't worse than the guy that's out injured right now.

On paper, of course. I agree that Vanecek is the best option and is way underrated, but I'd rate Blackwood as "bad" so Schmid/Daws... yep. pray/think for health of the Vitek.

Reactions: Bleedred

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Just do whatever you did the past decade after watching a Devils game.
cat-shitposting-gif-1.gif

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Rupp was on NHL radio playing that line, e.g. "Nico, Hughes, Bratt, none of them are big enough!" or whatever.

I really don't care if the Devils are physical enough tbh. Their best game this year was against the Islanders who are supposedly the "deadliest team" come playoffs because of how heavy they play + veterans and the Devils made them look utterly foolish for 60 mins.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
jackets won in OT! not a perfect turnout, but i'll take only giving the flyers 1pt

I don't give a shit what the Flyers do. They're going to fall out and Torts/Hart is going to keep them out of the basement. I'm just happy the Jackets won because we need them to get all the pts they can so they can somehow stay out of the very bottom. Not sure how that's possible though with a dog shit roster to begin with and all their injuries on top of it.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
View attachment 608503

Boring trap hockey where you [check notes] out-chance opponents with a lead better than any team in the league.
In fairness, if advanced stats existed in the cup teams hey days they would likely show a similar thing (at least on a percentage basis). The hallmark of those teams was giving up absolutely nothing to the other teams.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
In fairness, if advanced stats existed in the cup teams hey days they would likely show a similar thing (at least on a percentage basis). The hallmark of those teams was giving up absolutely nothing to the other teams.

Well yeah that's the thing. Opposing teams are bored because they can't create anything. That doesn't mean the Devils play/played completely low event boring hockey

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It would be fairly low event hockey though. Our shot differential actually accelerates when we get a lead.

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
He's not a blind homer, and it's a criticism a lot of people had, that we'd get pushed around.
Yeah, for that he could be on to something - That was but i hear him a lot on NHL Network both TV and radio and wherever the Devils come up, there’s always some shade.

He’ll say that the Devils are too small then on the next topic he’ll say that size doesn’t matter in the league today when talking about a different team.

It’s things like that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder what happened with Rupp and NJ? Seems like it may have ended badly
He's just another dinosaur (Kind of weird for me to say that when he's several years younger than I am) that overrates physicality.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't say he's a dinosaur as much as he's got a bit of a bias because he's a very big guy and when he couldn't cut it as a skilled player (remember he was a high draft pick and didn't start out a goon) he had to adjust and become a fighter.

The story of how he turned into an enforcer was actually a very interesting one, but I forget a lot of it at this point. I think somebody that he played with (might have been Oliwa?) told him he's not gonna make it as a skilled player or any type of top-9 guy, so he's gonna have to become a face puncher if he wants to make it in this league.

I haven't heard the story in so long, but it was interesting and actually kind of sad. I felt a little bad for him when I read it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Pens would have been better off not getting Petry and keeping Marino, as if that isn't obvious.

Petry must have about 10 years on Marino.

Reactions: Blender

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
He's just another dinosaur (Kind of weird for me to say that when he's several years younger than I am) that overrates physicality.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't say he's a dinosaur as much as he's got a bit of a bias because he's a very big guy and when he couldn't cut it as a skilled player (remember he was a high draft pick and didn't start out a goon) he had to adjust and become a fighter.

The story of how he turned into an enforcer was actually a very interesting one, but I forget a lot of it at this point. I think somebody that he played with (might have been Oliwa?) told him he's not gonna make it as a skilled player or any type of top-9 guy, so he's gonna have to become a face puncher if he wants to make it in this league.

I haven't heard the story in so long, but it was interesting and actually kind of sad. I felt a little bad for him when I read it.
I’m thankful for his game 7 against the Ducks but he does have some weird thing with them like I mentioned in the last post

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad