GDT: Devils @ Blue Jackets, 7 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
1izh8w.jpg

I'm actually a little disappointed he only scored one.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Ever since Zacha got going our scoring has been way up. In the 8 game span since he broke his drought, he has 5 points. His line with Bennett, then Noesen and JJ have scored 6 goals and 9 points in that span. The Devils as a whole over that time frame are at 3 goals/game.

Amazing what a working 3rd line can do. If they can keep this play up we might have something.

Power play's been clicking, too.

Last edited:

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Team needs to force management to be buyers.

Ever since the games against Edmonton Hall has been much more vocal. Started with that challenge to the team on that road trip, then the proclamation that we needed two points against the Caps and Kings (didn't happen), and now this.

Maybe facing the Edmonton media and his old team drove home the transition for him. He's a Devil now.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Santini had a phenomenal performance tonight. He only started 11% of his shifts at 5v5 in the offensive zone, yet the Devils controlled over 60% of the shot attempts when he was on the ice, highest score on the whole team. Just wow.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Santini had a phenomenal performance tonight. He only started 11% of his shifts at 5v5 in the offensive zone, yet the Devils controlled over 60% of the shot attempts when he was on the ice, highest score on the whole team. Just wow.

He's underrated offensively.

When I say that, I don't think he's gonna put up a lot of points, but he may put up more points than we might think.

I just mean that he can move the puck and make some place. He's not a ''Clear the crease, grenade handler, glue trap'' D-man like you might associate with the term ''Defensive defenseman''.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
man josefson has been good when healthy this year. finally.
He really has, not so much around the opposing goal mouth, but every where else he looks like a really good player. Not pretty good, really good.
He will still be hated.

Not if he puts up even some modest point totals.

And stay healthy.

Before the game I was going to quote this and say "watch the Devils win 5-1 just because". But I decided against it.

Dude, never 2nd guess your self.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
He's underrated offensively.

When I say that, I don't think he's gonna put up a lot of points, but he may put up more points than we might think.

I just mean that he can move the puck and make some place. He's not a ''Clear the crease, grenade handler, glue trap'' D-man like you might associate with the term ''Defensive defenseman''.

Agree. He'll probably put up 20-25 points a year like Larsson does. He doesn't mind pinching in the zone when it's appropriate either, and he's probably the smartest Dman on the team at picking when to do it.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Josefson has been playing possessed or something since coming back from the break.

He even had a rush up the middle on Friday, had to do a double take at first :laugh:

Good to see.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That Jenner must have learned his dirty playing style from Hartnell.
I loved it when Blandisi got under his skin and made him take a dumb penalty.

Greene's careless TO was a blemish on a near perfect road game.

Extremely enjoyable win vs a team with a few unlikable guys and of course Torts.

Trav's goal was sweet eye hand coordination.

Nice to see Taylor smile.

What are the odds JJ and Helgeson score in the same game?

JJ's goal, he outbattled Wennberg to score. I'm sure that was noticed by a few here.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm not married to JJ, he has to get results in order to stay here. If he doesn't keep it up you can his ass. I'm sick of giving this guy a leash because he has a decent stretch. He needs to prove he's turned the corner as a player for good by staying healthy all season and continuing to play at this level.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
JJ has played 265 games in the league almost. I doubt very highly that he's turned a corner.

But hopefully his hot streak lasts a little bit longer.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm not married to JJ, he has to get results in order to stay here. If he doesn't keep it up you can his ass. I'm sick of giving this guy a leash because he has a decent stretch. He needs to prove he's turned the corner as a player for good by staying healthy all season and continuing to play at this level.

Well yeah, of coarse he needs to keep putting up some what respectable offense, no one is buying just yet, or at least Im not, but if he does, then I'd bring him back for sure.

The line he's on has looked good but I agree, I don't think we are going to see this great revelation in Josefson's career.

Maybe I'm just a sucker but I think he is an interesting case. For as awful as his offensive production has been, we do know he has talent, he can certainly skate, and we know he is a good possession player, so I wouldn't be shocked if, when paired with offensive talent, he can produce at a somewhat respectable level.

Super important 30 games down the stretch here for JJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad