I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
giphy.gif

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
That movie was the poster child for not cool. I’ve just seen enough movies in my lifetime that I actually expect it to either tell a story or have a point. That movie was the cinematic equivalent of those Andy Kaufman shows where he would read War and Peace until the audience left. That’s not comedy that’s taking advantage of your audience. If I could do the same thing it’s not good enough for a comedian or a film director. The sad thing is I could have saved that movie with just a few tweaks at the end.
You are sensitive tho. (The cool thing was a joke.)

Reactions: My3Sons

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
i really don’t get the high regard for the Lighthouse. So it’s shot in Black and White and has name actors. Beyond that I don’t see what’s so special. Meh story and meh script to me. Based on a couple of interviews I think the filmmaker mixed up his myths and at the end of the day I was defrauded. The word Lovecraftian was used and it was not Lovecratian. Sorry a couple of visuals don’t qualify it for that. My opinion and I understand some may have liked it but I just don’t. I went to see it with an open mind and didn’t have any idea what to expect so it wasn’t confirmation bias.
AlienatedOpenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

On my first watch I mainly just appreciated the performances, but on rewatches the storytelling is really really good.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yeah, that’s the one change we really need, it wasn’t the crap forwards lines getting bent over that were the problem. (We just happened to not get bent over when bad McLeod lines and dicey Mercer lines weren’t out.)

We literally have no other forwards considering Covid protocols. It is what it is. We do have options on defense though.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Jeez that's AHL level wingers (-Tatar)

Even so I'm still excited to see how Hughes will look without Bratt and if he can fire up Kuokkanen and find some of that last season chemistry again.

Will be a really hard game to win, but you never know..

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You are sensitive tho. (The cool thing was a joke.)

Not sensitive (you’ve read my posts enough to know I don’t take myself seriously) but this movie is a bone of contention with my kids and I feel like the emperor has no clothes. In any event. I think this discussion might provide a needed distraction from the game when they end up sending out my 86 year old dad to play wing tonight because the entire rest of the team has covid.

Reactions: Guttersniped

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
Man I really don’t understand these line deployments the Devils coaching staff is rolling out - you have 4 good forwards in the lineup, why stack 3 of them on the same line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad