Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Bruins 3-2! f***ing Right Edition

Devils 3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It wasn’t a NCAA D1 National Championship. I don’t follow college hockey that much but I was pretty sure Miami University (Ohio) didn’t win one.

They won the National Collegiate Hockey Conference tournament (NCHC) in 2015. And while there is no 4 point game, Coleman did score all three goals in the 3-2 final game to win the tournament. Coleman was the tourney’s MVP and also beat Will Butcher, who playing for Denver, in the semi-finals.

2015 NCHC Tournament - Wikipedia
I knew when I was typing it I was getting details wrong...I remember watching the game on TV it was televised...I believe it was Fox Sports Mid-West but Colman was a Wildman in the game.

Miami's Coleman Suspended For NCAA Tourney Game

Reactions: Guttersniped

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Couldn't get back to 2010 in the HFboards search... but for all of you whom's appetites were wetted for salty Ranger fan tears by Wumpus's mention... here's Blue Shirt Banter's real-time thread from that day.... Just go to the middle. The fun begins early, but you can cut to the chase scene at 8:33pm.

Wonderful. They were going to be disappointed if they picked Tarasenko over Fowler.

2010 NHL Draft: Open Thread

Oh this was delicious :laugh:

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Beastdog75

C'mon Dougie, swat him he's a fly!
Dec 18, 2005
Brick, NJ
It's funny to play "I told ya so", but I can't stop thinking about that 2017 draft where I took some heat for saying the Rangers pick of Lias Andersson at #7 overall was going to go down as their biggest draft-day blunder since Hugh Jessiman.

My brother and I (somewhat) facetiously say that the Rangers drafted both Dylan McIlrath and Lias Andersson for marketing reasons: McIlrath for his "cool" nickname, and Andersson for his "bad boy" image (the silver medal throwing incident).

Sometimes we'll just start randomly staying "Big hit by the UNDERTAKER!" in our best Sam Rosen voices :DD

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It's funny to play "I told ya so", but I can't stop thinking about that 2017 draft where I took some heat for saying the Rangers pick of Lias Andersson at #7 overall was going to go down as their biggest draft-day blunder since Hugh Jessiman.

It's not just that I did not have Andersson ranked as a first-round pick -- he lacked both scoring skills and compete level, a brutal combination for a kid taken in the top 10. But it was also that the Rangers needed a center to build around and the Rangers passed on some very good ones -- Gabe Vilardi and Nick Suzuki and (I know he busted too but he would have been a better pick) Casey Mittlestadt to take a kid who did not display the skills of anything beyond a bottom six LW.

The Rangers recovered a bit later in the round to take Filip Chytil, whom I really like. Still, though Chytil is still listed as a center, I see his future more on the wing, and most of my Rangers fan friends (we all have a lot of those, ha) would tend to agree.

The Rangers repeated this mistake two years later in the second round when they took Karl Henriksson with John Farinacci still on the board. Farinacci projected as an excellent, two-way second line center and they went with Henriksson -- bigger, but slower, less skilled, less competitive and a lower hockey IQ. It made little sense, considering Farinacci is also local -- a New Jersey product, but I do think that the Rangers are occasionally guilty of trying to make all their regional scouts happy rather than taking the best available player, especially at forward.
Henrikkson is 5’9” though while Farinacci is 6’0” .

The Rangers took Henrikkson
at 58 and defenseman Zachary Jones, who’s 5’10”, at 68 so I don’t see quite the same size fetish with them these days.

You might thinking of Adam Edstrom, the Swedish center the Rangers took at 161. I don’t know much about him but he’s 6’6” so he’s definitely bigger and I’m guessing slower then a lot of other drafted players.

Reactions: StevenToddIves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad