GDT: Devils @ Avalanche - 10 P.M. - TNT/SN1/SNE/SNO/SNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
The obvious solution is for all of you guys to move to the west coast. Not sure what the problem is. PST is awesome, trust me.
It's awesome if you have a flexible job where you can easily put sports on at 4pm. I actually get some of my best work done between 4-6 when the Devils and Yankees are usually on. Regular season sports games are great background for doing repetitive work. Playoffs are a different story.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The good news for me is I have pills that keep me awake, so I will take one so I can view live this very demanding game tonight. Since I am retired, It doesn't matter what time I wake up the morning after.

This game will be a big test, like a playoff game. Can this team, maybe without Nico and J Hughes, step up to the challenge of an equal team? Can they get a W?

It isn't a must-win, but it would be terrific to get one, a Confidence builder.

LGD

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Pavel Tatar
The good news for me is I have pills that keep me awake, so I will take one so I can view live this very demanding game tonight. Since I am retired, It doesn't matter what time I wake up the morning after.

This game will be a big test, like a playoff game. Can this team, maybe without Nico and J Hughes, step up to the challenge of an equal team? Can they get a W?

It isn't a must-win, but it would be terrific to get one, a Confidence builder.

LGD
if you didn’t bring enough for the whole class, you shouldn’t have brought any at all…

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
me waking up at 3 AM with my phone brightness at 100 seeing mikey mcleod scored a goal

bright valley of the boom GIF by National Geographic Channel
Willman, Tierney and McLeod. 3-2 Devils win.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
If the team repeats a dominant shutout performance like last year but no one is awake to watch it, does the result even matter? I’m hoping i can stay awake through the first period, but we’ll see. My alarm’s going off at 5:30AM on wednesday regardless.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The issue to me is less the late start by EST standards versus the late start in the home market. 8pm in the home market for a midweek regular season game? That's the best the league could do? They are barely trying. A game started locally once at 8:30 pm during the week to accommodate the Lakers audience. I wanted to slap Silver around for that one. He was at that game but I was too lazy to make my way over to where he was sitting to yell at him.
It is a national tv game. It 8 pm local time in Denver so that it starts after Rangers-Red Wings the first part of the double header.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It's funny to me that Miles Wood is getting all the love from the pre-game writeups and former teammates.

Meanwhile Tatar is barely mentioned, but I guess it's because he wasn't here as long and is currently healthy scratched.

Even with Nico and Jack out there’s several guys who played 4-6 years with Miles.

Maybe Brendan Smith and Tatar are going out to dinner together. They were both on the Grand Rapids Griffins (2010-13) and Detroit Red Wings (2012-17) together before reuniting last year on the Devils.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It's funny to me that Miles Wood is getting all the love from the pre-game writeups and former teammates.

Meanwhile Tatar is barely mentioned, but I guess it's because he wasn't here as long and is currently healthy scratched.

2 of the guys who should miss Tatar are in a dark room in NJ (Nico) + Mercer trying to find his game and probably on the practice rink at every waking second (did have a very good game in Chicago though). :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad