GDT: Devils at Stars 8:30pm MSG+ TV Theme Sing-a-Long Edition Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ruutu is bad. Very bad.
I've been saying it for MONTHS! I shut up about it after he was rightfully scratched for mostly two months. Now it's like they're kissing his ass to make up for all the scratchings. ''We're sorry we played Farnham over you!''
Dump either one of the bonedust twins for Farnham, not that he's that great either but at least he can skate and isn't a total liability.

Not that it matters but I don't really see the point of overplaying Ruutu the way they have even if he's in the lineup.

I'd rather call up Sislo, I've HAD IT with Ruutu and Tootoo! Play one and banish the other or rotate in and out of the lineup. I understand that we have to play one, but we shouldn't be playing two. Time to get the old guys outta here. It's not like they're good old guys like Cammalleri or god forbid Elias if he weren't missing body parts right now.

They're aren't even that old, it's only this Devils team that manages to have 32/33 year olds that look like they should be collecting social security.

Call up Sislo AS LONG as he's a 4th liner and not played on the PP or on the ''3rd line''. We know he's good for nothing at offense, but at least he isn't a liability.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
John Moore has a nice head of hair, a damn nice head of hair.

He must be one of the lucky men like Bleedred, who did not inherit their fathers male pattern baldness.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I've been saying it for MONTHS! I shut up about it after he was rightfully scratched for mostly two months. Now it's like they're kissing his ass to make up for all the scratchings. ''We're sorry we played Farnham over you!''

I'd rather call up Sislo, I've HAD IT with Ruutu and Tootoo! Play one and banish the other or rotate in and out of the lineup. I understand that we have to play one, but we shouldn't be playing two. Time to get the old guys outta here. It's not like they're good old guys like Cammalleri or god forbid Elias if he weren't missing body parts right now.

They're aren't even that old, it's only this Devils team that manages to have 32/33 year olds that look like they should be collecting social security.

Call up Sislo AS LONG as he's a 4th liner and not played on the PP or on the ''3rd line''. We know he's good for nothing at offense, but at least he isn't a liability.

At this point they'd probably rather keep Sislo in the AHL for their playoff push and I'm only half kidding. Especially with the four callup limit down the stretch. They'll have to use one on a goalie in all likelihood unless goalies don't count to the four callup limit.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At this point they'd probably rather keep Sislo in the AHL for their playoff push and I'm only half kidding. Especially with the four callup limit down the stretch.

I don't really want Sislo, he's just a lesser of two evils. A much lesser of two evils.

A lesser of three evils actually. With Tootoo and Ruutu. But with my luck, they'll try to cash in on his monster offensive AHL season and give him PP time and he'll be playing with Henrique or Zajac in a game or two, rather than on the 4th line with Gionta and Farnham/whatever one of Tootoo or Ruutu happens to be in.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
''He'll be alright to play on Sunday''

or so I'm assuming he'll say that.:laugh:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 6m6 minutes ago Dallas, TX
Hynes says no update on Schneider and they'll have him checked out when they get back to NJ
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 5m5 minutes ago Dallas, TX
Hynes said too soon to say if they'll need to call up a goalie for Sunday

Really they couldn't say anything else without being completely disingenous.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 6m6 minutes ago Dallas, TX
Hynes says no update on Schneider and they'll have him checked out when they get back to NJ
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 5m5 minutes ago Dallas, TX
Hynes said too soon to say if they'll need to call up a goalie for Sunday

Really they couldn't say anything else without being completely disingenous.

I hope he isn't injured badly, but I would be alright with him not playing again this season. He's only gonna play 65 or more games if he's healthy, which sucks in a non playoff season. It's one thing if it went to the wire, but no one can kid themselves. We've been out of things for almost 3 weeks now, and the hideous Columbus no-show (and that's EXACTLY what it was, let's call it what it was) to follow up the big Rangers win was the grenade going off completely.

He also played 69 games last year, mostly because Lou/Pete thought Clemmensen should be our backup to start the year and Cory should play the first 21 or 22 straight. It was okay last year, it was his first year of playing more than 45 games.

But I wouldn't mind shutting him down. Kinkaid won't play goal as well, but maybe this team might score some goals. He was in for 10 or 15 minutes before they scored a goal. Cory was in for 42 or 43 minutes and they scored one. Kinkaid allowed 4 last night and we scored 5.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good job on that pass Damon!

Guess what? Warlock's Warsaw Syndrome has cleared up, time to get back upstairs on Sunday kid!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Played horribly but had a chance at the end.

Lost a faceoff but then got the puck until Bouch coughed it up.

Hope Corys injury is not serious.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Played horribly but had a chance at the end.

Lost a faceoff but then got the puck until Bouch coughed it up.

Hope Corys injury is not serious.

I have a question I've been dying to ask you DD

A couple of years ago, you had your location as ''Too Slow'' if I recall correctly.

I see that you apparently do not live there anymore. But do you ever visit the old neighborhood anymore? Do you know if Ruutu happens to be residing there these days?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I have a question I've been dying to ask you DD

A couple of years ago, you had your location as ''Too Slow'' if I recall correctly.

I see that you apparently do not live there anymore. But do you ever visit the old neighborhood anymore? Do you know if Ruutu happens to be residing there these days?

Ruutu is a figment of our imagination.
No NHL player can be THAT bad.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ruutu is a figment of our imagination.
No NHL player can be THAT bad.
Put him on waivers, I think Carolina might claim him. They probably wanna tank. And it's not like they'd need him for the playoffs, since he isn't eligible for them if he gets claimed by them. They won't be in anyway.
That Ritchie will get his sometime, hockey karma will find him.

Ahhh Leave him alone man, he hasn't had a hit in like 30 years.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Zajac sucked Kalinin offensively all year.

Without Zajac Kalinin has put up 4 pts in 6 games. He would have produced a lot more if he didn't play with Zajac.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Put him on waivers, I think Carolina might claim him. They probably wanna tank. And it's not like they'd need him for the playoffs, since he isn't eligible for them if he gets claimed by them. They won't be in anyway.

Ahhh Leave him alone man, he hasn't had a hit in like 30 years.

Lionel Ritchie, you like that Hello video where a sculpture of him is made?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zajac sucked Kalinin offensively all year.

Without Zajac Kalinin has put up 4 pts in 6 games. He would have produced a lot more if he didn't play with Zajac.

I agree with you that he wasn't good with Zajac at all, he's looked a lot more superior at offense with Henrique. He looked downright invisible with Zajac.

Though I don't think it's because Zajac sucks offensively, as much as Kalinin might just be a better fit with Henrique. Or it's just luck, but he's definitely looked like he has an offensive pulse with Henrique.

Though I'll admit and think it's fair to say that Henrique is the better offensive player than Zajac at this point. But I don't think Zajac is the plague on offense that you make him. Kalinin and him may have just had no chemistry at all.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lionel Ritchie, you like that Hello video where a sculpture of him is made?

My god!

I thought that video was super creepy, I must have been in 2nd or 3rd grade when that was out. I used to watch a lot of MTV and VH1 at that age. I think VH1 was just premiering around the time that video was out.

Holy ****, that was creepy. I might have to watch it again, I don't think I've seen that video in years. It might have been on one of those VH1 ''The top 100 weirdest videos'' countdowns that they did. I remember watching a few of those back in the early 2000s when I had roommates that watched VH1 specials all the time.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
My god!

I thought that video was super creepy, I must have been in 2nd or 3rd grade when that was out. I used to watch a lot of MTV and VH1 at that age. I think VH1 was just premiering around the time that video was out.

Holy ****, that was creepy. I might have to watch it again, I don't think I've seen that video in years. It might have been on one of those VH1 ''The top 100 weirdest videos'' countdowns that they did. I remember watching a few of those back in the early 2000s when I had roommates that watched VH1 specials all the time.

It was a touching video......

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It was a touching video......

I used to think this video was so creepy and was surprised it wasn't as controversial, as it implied that a teacher had a crush on a student. And Lionel Richie was supposed to be the teacher.

But I just watched the video for the first time in too many years to remember, and I'm guessing they're supposed to be college students and not high school students. So it's a little less creepy.

I always thought it was controversial, as I thought it depicted a teacher liking an underage high school girl. But it appears she's supposed to be in college, so I guess it's not as creepy.:laugh:

The girl that's supposed to be blind the video, who he likes, is a lot cuter than I remembered her being. Even though she's so 80's looking, along with everyone else in that video. Every time I see an 80's movie or video these days, it looks like it should be in black and white, that's how dated they are.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
dont stand so close to me was more of a touching video…..

and owner of a lonely heart freaked me right out back then

The Police were my first favorite band.

I even had to see their reunion tour back in 07, because I figured it was something I wouldn't get to see again. I usually don't go and see old man tours like this, I can't imagine seeing Judas Priest or Black Sabbath in 2016. Like when I see these bands touring still, especially with the turnover among band members.

But I saw them when I was vacationing here in 2007, before I was living down here. At Times Forum (or whatever it's called now Amalie Arena).

Then I saw them at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City about a few months later. They still haven't reunited again, so it was just a one off thing and I'm happy I got to see it twice.

Owner of a lonely heart was awful. The song and video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad