GDT: Devils at Stars 8:30pm MSG+ TV Theme Sing-a-Long Edition Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
TG said that the Devils' staff pays more attention to attempts than shots when responding to a twitter question earlier this season.

So, I imagine they're using some possession metrics but maybe not ones that heavily weight shots on goal.

We're dead last in shot attempts too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well really who didn't expect to lose this game?

Probably'll be eight points out by Sunday, hopefully Hynes isn't mega-stubborn and waits till we're mathematically eliminated before making certain changes.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cory probably won't win another game for like a month, even if he's back.

I'm thinking 26 is a curse on him, like Marty's 666 wins. He sat on win number 26 (a career high) from St Patty's Day last year to the end of the season. We had a win over tanking BuffaLOL with Kinkaid and a shootout win over the Habs with Kinkaid, with Tokarski in net. That was our only wins for the rest of the year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well really who didn't expect to lose this game?

Probably'll be eight points out by Sunday, hopefully Hynes isn't mega-stubborn and waits till we're mathematically eliminated before making certain changes.

He should take out Ruutu NOW!

But Ruutu is the kind of player you put in once you've given up on the season, as he won't help you win at all.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
They lost the faceoff, but they also lost the board battle. In fact, this was a terrible game for board battles. They seemed to lose every single one.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He should take out Ruutu NOW!

But Ruutu is the kind of player you put in once you've given up on the season, as he won't help you win at all.

Dump either one of the bonedust twins for Farnham, not that he's that great either but at least he can skate and isn't a total liability.

Not that it matters but I don't really see the point of overplaying Ruutu the way they have even if he's in the lineup.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dano is saying this was more about the Devils than Starts, he thought we didn't do enough.

Really? You sure it wasn't all those big saves that Lehtonen made on Ruutu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad