GDT: Devils at Sabres, 7:00 pm 3/29/24

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
We expecting any call ups to give anyone any NHL ice time? Not sure how the Rochester kids are faring lately to warrant a call up, or Savoie’s availability as I think his team just started their playoff series? I’d love to see some of these guys get some ice time for a change of scenery over watching Jost Olofsson just skate around until locker clear out. Is Ostlund available to get loaned to Rochester for playoffs?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
We expecting any call ups to give anyone any NHL ice time? Not sure how the Rochester kids are faring lately to warrant a call up, or Savoie’s availability as I think his team just started their playoff series? I’d love to see some of these guys get some ice time for a change of scenery over watching Jost Olofsson just skate around until locker clear out. Is Ostlund available to get loaned to Rochester for playoffs?
Why would it make any sense whatsoever to call guys up for absolutely meaningless NHL games when Rochester is literally fighting just to get into the playoffs? Playing actual playoff games will be a million times more beneficial than an NHL cup of coffee.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Amerks are driving for 2nd in their division and the playoff race is tight. They already pulled the Amerks leading scorer out of Rochester and promptly broke him (again).

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Sabres twitter account lists this as an MSG game, but their online schedule lists it as NHL Network.

Is it on both? EDIT: I don't see it listed as "Upcoming" on ESPN+. Only games listed as upcoming are for tomorrow.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Sabres twitter account lists this as an MSG game, but their online schedule lists it as NHL Network.

Is it on both? EDIT: I don't see it listed as "Upcoming" on ESPN+. Only games listed as upcoming are for tomorrow.

In-market, it will be on MSG-B.

Out of market, it will be on NHL Network and not ESPN+.

Reactions: Ehran

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Nope.jpeg

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Notes: Granato said Sabres winger Jordan Greenway left Thursday’s practice early after aggravating an injury and will be evaluated this morning. He believes Greenway will play against New Jersey. … Granato said center Tyson Jost’s ready to play after missing the last two games with an undisclosed injury.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Game will be over by 7:19pm when they're trailing 4-0 :rolleyes:

Both teams are 5-5 in their last ten, it certainly feels worse than that with the Sabres. I always thought .500 hockey wouldn't feel so doom and gloom, more like mediocre.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuffaloMango

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Only game in the league tonight.

I totally expect us to humiliate ourselves.

I expect a Sabres victory and the idea being floated that it was a tough 1st period against Ottawa coming off a roadie and they really are starting to jell.

Oh….and a jab at the fans for booing them the last game.

More par for the course.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
In expecting a much better effort tonight. The issue this year is inconsistency. Wildly inconsistent. I mean, we saw them fight tooth and nail for about two games against the Wings and Isles. Of course, that was their cute little 'we're not out of race yet!' playing style. Now they know theyrr cooked, so maybe we will see half ass efforts 90% of the time rather than 60% of the time.

I still get a bit peeved watching the boys play with a fire in their belly for a game or two only to.regress back to shit efforts. Some of that is youth, some of that is our veteran players being poor leaders, and a whole lot of that is poor coaching. Sigh.

I expect a Sabres victory and the idea being floated that it was a tough 1st period against Ottawa coming off a roadie and they really are starting to jell.

Oh….and a jab at the fans for booing them the last game.

More par for the course.
It was cute when they had their 'we're playing for the coach' game after the fans chanted 'fire Donny' only to follow it up with more shit play almost immediately after playing for their coach's pride. Pretty embarrassing look for the team.

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
Game will be over by 7:19pm when they're trailing 4-0 :rolleyes:

Both teams are 5-5 in their last ten, it certainly feels worse than that with the Sabres. I always thought .500 hockey wouldn't feel so doom and gloom, more like mediocre.

That is the constant under Pegula that drives me the most crazy. Yes they have been bad. But it is more than that. The Sabres brand of hockey isn't just bad. It is uninspired, low effort, and unwatchable.

I really believe there would be a lot less criticism of this team if they looked like they gave a shit more than 35% of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad