Post-Game Talk: Devils at Rangers 12/7/13

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Not going to lie, that is a core I would build around...

Keep both Goaltenders

Dump Nash for an actual goal scorer, not his finesse "I'm a power forward" ********. Drop all the dead weight in Boyle, Pyatt, Pouliot, etc. Trade Girardi and Callahan at the deadline for some of these assets. Pull up ONE to THREE players from the farm in Miller, McIlrath, possible Kristo. Evaluate the currently employed defensive roster and see who fits, and who does not (as much as I hate MDZ, it's possible he can work, where as guys like Staal need to go... That point blank pass he missed yesterday was just garbage. That could have and should have been an early 3rd period go ahead goal)

Acquire some working pieces for a system AV wants to implement, and then start up again.

In all honesty, it's not a MASSIVE rebuild. Just a re-tooling
I would keep nash unless someone offers the world for him. I understand he can have stretches when he doesnt do much like last night but when he is on his game he is un stoppable. We need another top 6 scorer badly. I like kristo but after watching a lot of hartford games his defense is really bad still even wors ethan kreider was when he first came in. Hopefully Mcilrath comes up this year although i still dont know how good of a defensemen he will be

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
My 2 cents on this, is that AV actually try to get his team to play hockey, fun ,entertaining and skilled hockey. And that is very hard to do on Garden slush ice surface.

I still don't get that. A bazillion dollar, multi-year renovation....yet they didn't do anything to attempt to make the ice surface better for games?

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I still don't get that. A bazillion dollar, multi-year renovation....yet they didn't do anything to attempt to make the ice surface better for games?

Lord, the entire system was torn out and replaced with a brand new one. The technology is just not good enough for an arena this busy. Ice sucks everywhere. The only places it's passable are where there are no NBA teams or concert schedules to screw everything up.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Lord, the entire system was torn out and replaced with a brand new one. The technology is just not good enough for an arena this busy. Ice sucks everywhere. The only places it's passable are where there are no NBA teams or concert schedules to screw everything up.

Maybe the key is the flooring put over the ice, then. There has to be a way to make it better.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think Torts did the best that could have been done with the team as constructed. If he didn't push them as hard as he did and play that horrible system, we never make it to the ECF. It was ugly.

But this team (still) does not have thr RIGHT players.

AV has a different style but it doesn't matter. We do not have the right combination of players in the required positions to win enough to get us there.

What we have is a mish-mosh of talented and semi-talented players who as individuals are mostly good players in their own right, plus a few hacks, and borderline NHLers.

There is no cohesion. Players we have for the most part do not compliment each other in game play.

This is the problem with Sather's organization. We look for good players instead of the RIGHT players.

Sather makes it up as he goes along. In 18 months he

-gutted the middle of the lineup for Nash
-traded Gaborik to get some depth back
-fired the coach
-Hired a new coach/new system

Decisions are made in a vacuum. At no time did any Ranger coaches have a roster that was capable of a championship. I think that '11-12 team went as far as they were possibly capable of, but it leaves a lot of fans wanting more -- thinking a tweak here or there puts us over the top.

Meanwhile, Sather is the guy that goes to fix a leak while 2 more leaks open up across the room.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Sean Hartnett ‏@HartnettHockey 15m

A trusted source observed #NJDevils head coach Pete DeBoer referring to #NYR goalie Henrik Lundqvist: "8 million goalie... my ass."

DeBoer is right, Lundqvist isn't an 8 million dollar goalie. He is an $8.5 million dollar goalie. Stupid DeBoer.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I would keep nash unless someone offers the world for him. I understand he can have stretches when he doesnt do much like last night but when he is on his game he is un stoppable. We need another top 6 scorer badly. I like kristo but after watching a lot of hartford games his defense is really bad still even wors ethan kreider was when he first came in. Hopefully Mcilrath comes up this year although i still dont know how good of a defensemen he will be

I am OK with trading Nash for a guy that can easily (and I mean on a quick time table) score 25-40 goals... Obviously the package would have to be huge. It would probably end up being a 3 way trade to get those pieces, but you understand my point.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I am OK with trading Nash for a guy that can easily (and I mean on a quick time table) score 25-40 goals... Obviously the package would have to be huge. It would probably end up being a 3 way trade to get those pieces, but you understand my point.

Nash can score 30-40 goals. Whats the point?

SkjeiPls

May 21, 2013
Sucks we couldn't get the win, but a point is better than no point.

J. Moore made a huge mistake, and with Staal being out, it'll be tough to scratch him.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Now we are blaming the ice for the team's poor play? Isn't the ice equally bad for our opponents?

Exactly this.

And the Rangers play 41 games per year or more on our crappy ice. Shouldn't they be used to it? It should be an advantage.

laurenmiller24

Dec 8, 2013
lolol i have never read such ridiculous posts in my life. trade cally. trade girardi. trade hank. lol what a joke.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

wait what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad