GDT: Devils at Panthers 7p MSG2+: The end of an agonizing marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
2015-16 doesnt begin until we clean house. Enough hanging onto useless vets, dump them and bring up youth and let them fight to sink or swim.

But no, this is the organization that wouldnt trade Ryder for anything and got hosed on Zidlicky.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Good riddance 2014-2015.

2015-2016 begins tomorrow, for the Devils at least.

It really begins next Saturday unless Lou's nuts enough to hire a coach before the draft lottery. More likely it'll take two months though, really the draft lottery's the next day that matters than a long lull after that.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
2015-16 doesnt begin until we clean house. Enough hanging onto useless vets, dump them and bring up youth and let them fight to sink or swim.

But no, this is the organization that wouldnt trade Ryder for anything and got hosed on Zidlicky.

Yet again. Zidlicky wasn't going to go until after all the defenseman were traded. At that point, Detroit was the only option and they knew that. Furthermore, Zidlicky was even Detroits back up after Phaneuf.

Detroit knew they were the only destination so they're not going to give up the farm for Zidlicky. Devils just took what they could get cause there was no point in hanging on to him.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Boucher in Matteau out tonight. Both get sent back after the game.

If Matteau is out, why didn't they just send him back after Thursday?

Sheros expletives

Jan 9, 2014
Adam Henrique-Scott Gomez-Steve Bernier
Mike Cammalleri-Travis Zajac-Jordin Tootoo
Dainius Zubrus-Patrik Elias-Stephen Gionta
Reid Boucher-Jacob Josefson-Tuomo Ruutu

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Disappointed Matteau's not in the lineup, but let's go Devils! Win and improve our Florida second round pick, please. End the season on a strong note.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Yet again. Zidlicky wasn't going to go until after all the defenseman were traded. At that point, Detroit was the only option and they knew that. Furthermore, Zidlicky was even Detroits back up after Phaneuf.

Detroit knew they were the only destination so they're not going to give up the farm for Zidlicky. Devils just took what they could get cause there was no point in hanging on to him.

Yet again. These excuses don't let Lou off the hook. He's the one that had those things happen the way that it did.

But I'm glad that one of Boucher or Matteau is still sitting today. We need more Gionta for 20 minutes.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
What a joke... this team has some limit of average age? Cannot afford two young guys together in a meaningless game? meanwhile, Zubrus, Ruutu and Gionta are all in again.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What a joke... this team has some limit of average age? Cannot afford two young guys together in a meaningless game? meanwhile, Zubrus, Ruutu and Gionta are all in again.

It really is amazing the lengths they've gone to avoid playing both Matteau and Boucher at the same time.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Yet again. These excuses don't let Lou off the hook. He's the one that had those things happen the way that it did.

But I'm glad that one of Boucher or Matteau is still sitting today. We need more Gionta for 20 minutes.

All of the other UFA D that were traded were far more attractive players than Zidlicky. It was the nature of the market not Lou. They all got sent to destination where Zidlickt could have gone

It was either sell him low early, in which he would have gotten a similar deals and people would have complained about or hold on to him on the off chance the deal gets better. Of course, Lou did the latter and the deal never got better

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site

More like couldn't trade Ryder and got whatever they could for Zidlicky

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
literally the only fathomable reason for Zubrus to be playing over Matteau is that Lou knows this is his last game as a devil.

absolutely absurd personnel decision if otherwise. but I'm used to it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
literally the only fathomable reason for Zubrus to be playing over Matteau is that Lou knows this is his last game as a devil.

absolutely absurd personnel decision if otherwise. but I'm used to it.

The thought of this being his last game as a Devil has got me excited.

Then I realize it probably isn't and I get stomach pains.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The thought of this being his last game as a Devil has got me excited.

Then I realize it probably isn't and I get stomach pains.

it would be so Lou to give a guy that's been a warrior for us tons of playing time in his farewell tour.

not sure if this is solid insight, or if the optimist in me is being more naive than usual.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
More like couldn't trade Ryder and got whatever they could for Zidlicky

Yeah, I agree. I don't know why people keep harping about the Zid trade. I would have liked a better haul in exchange for Zid, but Lou got more than I expected for Jagr, so I regard it as basically balancing out enough not to make a big deal out of it.

As for Ryder, he has no value. Nobody was going to trade for him. If he can't get any ice time on this sad assembly of forwards, no playoff caliber team was going to be interested in him. Ryder would have been moved if Lou could've gotten anything for him, but he couldn't. Lou didn't keep Ryder around out of sentimentality or something.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I honestly think there's more of a chance Ruutu gets bought out than Zubrus. Especially if his playing time/how long he's on the roster is tied to whether we give up the 2017 3rd or not.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I honestly think there's more of a chance Ruutu gets bought out than Zubrus. Especially if his playing time/how long he's on the roster is tied to whether we give up the 2017 3rd or not.

Buying out Ruutu and Zubrus make zero sense. We don't have quality players that will replace them. The costs of the buyout + salary for a so-so UFA makes a buyout of them silly.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Buying out Ruutu and Zubrus make zero sense. We don't have quality players that will replace them. The costs of the buyout + salary for a so-so UFA makes a buyout of them silly.

They will just take up space on the LW that we could use for Boucher or Matteau or another prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad