GDT: Devils at Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, this is a weirdly passionate fanbase.

Felt like the team messed up big time by cratering after 2012. All the millennials growing up with the success now had money to spend and got a frustrating team to support. That first home game against Tampa in 2018 was awesome and proof the group is still alive. It helps that other tri-state teams have been just as garbage but gotta retake the throne.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The Rock in both 2012 and the 2018 playoffs was one of the loudest buildings in the league. Even down 2-0 against Tampa with zero legitimate shot, the place was absolutely rocking during game 3. Hall commented on how surprised he was that our home crowd was louder than Tampa's.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
We can’t talk tank on this board but a win or two more in these final games and we may play ourselves out of the top echelon of draft choices.
Didnt we win all three of our lotteries by winning a few of our final games in those seasons?

Even in times like this I root for wins because that means someone or a few had a good game and the roster is so young ill take the confidence boosts for our already established talents over an extra draft spot or two when teams scouting boards differ so greatly its not even quantifiable how much we truly 'dropped', especially in a draft as wide open as this one.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
The Rock in both 2012 and the 2018 playoffs was one of the loudest buildings in the league. Even down 2-0 against Tampa with zero legitimate shot, the place was absolutely rocking during game 3. Hall commented on how surprised he was that our home crowd was louder than Tampa's.
Who would be surprised by that? Ive been pointed out before down south for being from Jersey simply because of how loud me and my friends were

Idk what it is but I think people born and raised in New Jersey lose the ability to hear themselves speak

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Barzal better hope Stevens doesnt line him up in the middle. Im also curious to see how Nelson does in the dot against Gomez, would love to see Gomer get his faceoff% up

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
GDT’s are specifically where tank/draft talk is no go.
and gambling is illegal at Bushwood
71127718.jpg

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I guess it’s just our board that doesn’t allow talk of military land assault vehicles in the GDT? I just lurked on the DET and CBJ boards and goodness do they love their military war machines.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
EdisonDevil and Pavail Zachupov...I was a lurker for a while and didn’t post much.
Who was that one guy who promised to leave the boards if one of the younger guys didn't hit a certain point number? He kept to his word and left when the player didn't hit the number. I don't doubt for a minute he's still here in some form, just can't remember his name originally when the bet was made (nor the player really.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad