Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
If Ruff starts Blackwood.

tenor.gif

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
The young Devils can play with the best. Is there a Devils fan that can say there isn't a little excitement for next season. A couple additions in the offseason and we could have a playoff bound energetic team. We do need to look hard at defense.

I was on the Islander forum and they are livid over the Zajac/Palmieri trade and the recent slump that has ensued. Many feel Lamoriello made a mistake. Zajac has been a healthy scratch for at least a couple of game if not more. The fans are complaining he cannot keep up with their speedy attack. Palmieri and Zajac have only combined for "1" 5 on 5 even strength goal since coming over.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I was on the Islander forum and they are livid over the Zajac/Palmieri trade and the recent slump that has ensued. Many feel Lamoriello made a mistake. Zajac has been a healthy scratch for at least a couple of game if not more. The fans are complaining he cannot keep up with their speedy attack. Palmieri and Zajac have only combined for "1" 5 on 5 even strength goal since coming over.
meh Zajac is just depth for the playoffs if someone gets injured, but Palms must be washed up, he hasn't done squat, really wonder who signs him and what kind of contract he gets this summer?

Reactions: Saint Beaurivage

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
meh Zajac is just depth for the playoffs if someone gets injured, but Palms must be washed up, he hasn't done squat, really wonder who signs him and what kind of contract he gets this summer?

yeah palms probably went from a max year deal this summer to a 1 year show me deal. i'm sure this isn't a popular opinion but i would definitely take him back for 1 year at $4M. no risk and we can deal him at the deadline if we're out. his shit play could very well be due to this wonky ass season. he'd look real good in our bottom 6 and can move up to cover for inevitable injuries.

i'd also be ok with not signing him, but it's something we should look into

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
yeah palms probably went from a max year deal this summer to a 1 year show me deal. i'm sure this isn't a popular opinion but i would definitely take him back for 1 year at $4M. no risk and we can deal him at the deadline if we're out. his shit play could very well be due to this wonky ass season. he'd look real good in our bottom 6 and can move up to cover for inevitable injuries.
i'd also be ok with not signing him, but it's something we should look into

one year deal would be harmless I guess, also depends on who else is available and if Fitz thinks he needs to sign a forward. Palms just fell off a cliff, I thought he'd be rejuvenated joining a pretty good playoff team but...

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
While our season is coming to an end soon, I'd like to show appreciation to this board. There's many passionate fans here, some who are more crazy than others but theres always discussion no matter how Devils play.

I went to check Stars board last night since theyre competing for a playoff spot and they didnt even have a new GDT. Thats not a knock on them, but it was very unfortunate to see.

Hoping that all of you have a good summer and we get to argue a lot during the off season.

LGD!

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
While our season is coming to an end soon, I'd like to show appreciation to this board. There's many passionate fans here, some who are more crazy than others but theres always discussion no matter how Devils play.

I went to check Stars board last night since theyre competing for a playoff spot and they didnt even have a new GDT. Thats not a knock on them, but it was very unfortunate to see.

Hoping that all of you have a good summer and we get to argue a lot during the off season.

LGD!

I don’t think most people realize how active our board is compared to most. I used to check Tampa’s board from time to time because of where I live (years ago) and was surprised to find the same thing you did. We have a wonderful community that most want to contribute in a positive/meaningful way.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
another longggggg off season, but maybe they'll be some serious moves this time

That would definitely make it more exciting but there honestly shouldn’t be anything too serious happening, otherwise we would be the Rangers with their we are no longer patiently building let’s blow it up approach we all assume is coming.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
one year deal would be harmless I guess, also depends on who else is available and if Fitz thinks he needs to sign a forward. Palms just fell off a cliff, I thought he'd be rejuvenated joining a pretty good playoff team but...

I wouldn’t be upset with a 1 year deal but on the other side I do think his poor play was holding some of our younger guys back. So, I wouldn’t want him back just to suck up more top 6 time from a young player.

Reactions: My3Sons

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
I don’t think most people realize how active our board is compared to most. I used to check Tampa’s board from time to time because of where I live (years ago) and was surprised to find the same thing you did. We have a wonderful community that most want to contribute in a positive/meaningful way.
Yes, I honestly thought everyone had same amount of users and discussion than us with the exception of some OG6 clubs having more, but I'm surprised that there are teams that are successful and their boards are half dead. Our boards have too much discussion for me to keep up if I'm being honest. I crave for Devils news and speculation and I dont even have time to read all of it.

Hoping things get better in Jersey and you locals can get to games safely next season. Cant wait to see The Rock full of fans again.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Yes, I honestly thought everyone had same amount of users and discussion than us with the exception of some OG6 clubs having more, but I'm surprised that there are teams that are successful and their boards are half dead. Our boards have too much discussion for me to keep up if I'm being honest. I crave for Devils news and speculation and I dont even have time to read all of it.

Hoping things get better in Jersey and you locals can get to games safely next season. Cant wait to see The Rock full of fans again.

Our board here will be even busier and draw new posters as the youngsters start to be successful over the next few season.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad