Confirmed with Link: Devils/Albany Signs Reid Boucher PTO

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Very excited about the starts of Boucher and Merril's professional career. I have a feeling Merril is only gonna need on more year in the AHL before he's NHL ready. Boucher I believe will only take 2 full years in AHL also. Just a hunch. Hope I'm right.

I'm right there with you. 1 & 2 years respectively. Any sooner will be out of disastrous need or miraculous development never seen on this team's farm system.

MountainGoat

when you turn on the game he's the first player you notice on the ice. I can't wait to see how he does next season in the ahl, I'm sure he'll get called up for a game or two with the Devils as well

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think both make the team next year.

There's no way Merrill is up next year. We'd have to trade Tallinder, let Zids walk, and buyout Volchenkov this Summer. I have a feeling only one of those will happen. And he won't be a number 7 guy either like Harrold.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bet Boucher makes it after Clarkson leaves. We dont sign anyone and Boucher is our youngster we count on

Lou needs to sign someone whether Clarkson stays or goes. This team just isn't cutting it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not many top FA's Out there

Doesn't have to be a huge name. There's a big middle ground between Bobby Butler and Corey Perry. I know Perry isn't gonna be a UFA anymore, just saying. Nathan Horton would be a good pickup. Pete had him in Florida.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
I thought Merrill could have challenged for a spot in NJ after his Freshman year so if there is room in NJ he'll definitely get a long look. People are underrating him because he hasn't played consistently the last 2 years. The kid is good.

GhostofKenKlee

AHL isn't going to teach Boucher anything he doesn't know already. If anything, it looks like Albany destroys our forwards. Boucher on the New Jersey Devils next season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
AHL isn't going to teach Boucher anything he doesn't know already. If anything, it looks like Albany destroys our forwards. Boucher on the New Jersey Devils next season.

What would you know about what Albany does to our forwards other than destroying them?:sarcasm:

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida

Henrique spent a full year in Albany before coming to the NHL. Josefson and Tedenby both spent less than 20 games. Don't think that statement is very accurate.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
Merrill might not make the team with the depth we have on defense, but Boucher definately has a chance.

When Parise left, Zajac had no one to pass to on the left side. Now he has Boucher and he will rack up the assists.

Boucher - Zajac - Kovalchuk line would be filthcity.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'd rather put Boucher with Elias (assuming he comes back and Boucher makes the team, neither of which are locks), Patty has a way of covering up everyone else's deficiencies. Boucher is 19 year old with nearly no pro experience and from what I understand sucks at everything except shooting the puck.

If Patty can make a 34 year old lower body-less Sykora look good, he can make a 19 year old Sykora Jr. look good.

GhostofKenKlee

Henrique spent a full year in Albany before coming to the NHL. Josefson and Tedenby both spent less than 20 games. Don't think that statement is very accurate.

I'm talking about the stint prior to the season starting.

GhostofKenKlee

What would you know about what Albany does to our forwards other than destroying them?:sarcasm:

It has to do with Lou being average and Sykora getting several offers.

If Boucher is this great goal scoring forward and this team needs goals, I would rather see him learn in Jersey than in Albany.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Very excited about the starts of Boucher and Merril's professional career. I have a feeling Merril is only gonna need on more year in the AHL before he's NHL ready. Boucher I believe will only take 2 full years in AHL also. Just a hunch. Hope I'm right.

I think your timelines here could very well be accurate. Merrill won't need very long to learn the pro game, if anything he'll need time in the AHL to learn the pro lifestyle.

Boucher is more of a raw talent still, he will need to learn how to be a Devils forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad