Confirmed with Link: Devils/Albany Signs Reid Boucher PTO

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Didn't realize he was 195 that's pretty stocky for 5-11. Would be so awesome if he stays a big time scorer at the professional level.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If it's confirmed that Reid and Merrill will be in the lineup tomorrow I will drive up to Albany for the game.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
I could see Boucher playing right away. He spent some time in Albany last year so he knows the system. Not sure if they would throw Merrill in right away without any practices.

u2devs

Dec 11, 2006
NJ
I could see Boucher playing right away. He spent some time in Albany last year so he knows the system. Not sure if they would throw Merrill in right away without any practices.

Merrill played last night, had an assist and was +2

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Yea I was kind of surprised he played. Listening to the radio feed it seemed like he played a lot too. They used him on the PK and PP.

As well they should have. He's an all-situations defenceman, and probably their most talented defenceman as soon as he joined the team. No reason not to put him through his paces.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
While numbers only tell part of the story, it's impossible not to hear this type of result in his first game and not smile. Hope it's the first of many productive games for the kid.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hope he's given an opportunity to make the team next year. If Matteau was then I think Boucher deserves it too. He could even address a need of ours which is definitely scoring. If not just a little sneak preview like Matteau got.

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
I hope he's given an opportunity to make the team next year. If Matteau was then I think Boucher deserves it too. He could even address a need of ours which is definitely scoring. If not just a little sneak preview like Matteau got.

He'll no doubt get an invite to training camp but I see him in the A for one more year. He'll get call ups no doubt and chances to prove himself as injuries happen so he'll get a fair shake but his development is a priority.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I don't where Boucher is in his development and have no idea how good he is...

My gut instinct though, is a forward of his age, stature and flaws (that I only know about from reading and not seeing) needs time in the AHL.

Without knowing full details of his game but having seen other forwards brought up too soon, my instinct is him getting an opportunity next season would be a mistake...

Merrill on the other hand is a different story. I hope he gets a realshot.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Didn't Stephen Gionta score a hat trick in his first AHL game?

Seems like all of our guys love to make a splash as soon as they go pro :laugh:

Nevertheless, great start for them, hopefully both keep it up.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Very excited about the starts of Boucher and Merril's professional career. I have a feeling Merril is only gonna need on more year in the AHL before he's NHL ready. Boucher I believe will only take 2 full years in AHL also. Just a hunch. Hope I'm right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad