Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire LHD Jonas Siegenthaler (WAS) for ARZ 3rd 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We haven't had much luck with these types of acquisitions. I honestly just expected another Mirco Mueller-ish defenseman when we got him, even if a better Mirco Mueller, so I'd say he's greatly exceeded expectations all around.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
We haven't had much luck with these types of acquisitions. I honestly just expected another Mirco Mueller-ish defenseman when we got him, even if a better Mirco Mueller, so I'd say he's greatly exceeded expectations all around.

We haven’t had that many of these types of acquisitions and it was a new GM.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We haven’t had that many of these types of acquisitions and it was a new GM.
Mirco Mueller was definitely one that comes to mind. We also signed a couple in Lovejoy (who wasn't bad, except for the first year when he was kind of replacing Adam Larsson and playing with Greene and I know he was older) and John Moore.

Mueller cost more, but I did maintain at the time that even though that price seemed bad, it was probably the going rate after Edmonton helped f*** up the market by trading Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
IMO he's the second best defenseman on the Devils. Dougie had a rough season but shit happens and I'm confident he'll be back at a #1 level next year.

But I'd argue he was better than Severson last year and he was CLEARLY better than Graves. It's funny because Graves was billed as this physical stay at ome defenseman, but then he shows up and he's Damon Severson trapped in a 6'5" man's body. Siegenthaler is better at being Ryan Graves than Ryan Graves is, and he's younger and cheaper to boot.

He's phenomenal defensively and more active than you would think in the offensive zone given his point totals. I'd bet he'd be at the top of the team in tertiary assists if that were a stat.

He would be my #1 priority to get locked up long term next season over Severson, Graves, and even Sharangovich.

Reactions: youryeah

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Seigs has been a very very nice surprise.
I crapped on him after his first 8 games after the trade… I thought it was another desperate attempt at finding gold that would ultimately end up with the player being a fringe NHL”er. Nope…..

Awesome pickup.
Now we just need to find a RHD version of him . Trade Ty Smith for whoever that may be . Ring up the Kings and see what RHD they would give up for Ty.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Mirco Mueller was definitely one that comes to mind. We also signed a couple in Lovejoy (who wasn't bad, except for the first year when he was kind of replacing Adam Larsson and playing with Greene and I know he was older) and John Moore.

Mueller cost more, but I did maintain at the time that even though that price seemed bad, it was probably the going rate after Edmonton helped f*** up the market by trading Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson.

No, Mueller was a the Goofus to Sieg’s Gallant but we haven’t done that sort of thing much lately. And by that I mean trade for a young defenseman.
(And by not lately I mean not since Tommy Albelin lol.)

Mueller was 22 and coming off his ELC when we traded for him. Siegenthaler was a bit older, almost 24, and was on a 1 year bridge deal when we traded for him.

John Moore was 24 year old but a UFA when we signed him to a 3 year/1.67m deal because the Coyotes didn’t give him a Qualifying Offer.

Lovejoy was a 32 year old UFA when we signed him to a 3 year/2.67m deal. (Amusingly one of the few good UFA deals given out in 2016.)

Graves is young-ish but he came on good sized deal and less of an unknown.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hey all, I don't see an active discussion thread about this player so I'm just gonna use this thread. I was digging through some analytics today and noticed that Siegenthaler was 4th in the NHL in QoC this season behind Nurse, McAvoy, and Pelech which was a big surprise to me b/c he was playing quite sheltered minutes in past years. How did he fare in this role and what are your guys' thoughts on his season. Also wanna trade him over to the Oilers? :sarcasm:
We don’t generally have discussion threads on individual players unless they’re prospects. Maybe in the long run people would prefer that over a team thread but then we’d have separate threads for literally every roster move and the same discussions in multiple threads.

Necrobumping threads also causes people to think something current happened like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese