Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire John Marino for Ty Smith & a 2023 3rd Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
YyHnM9L.gif

Incredible trade.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I’ll admit I don’t know anything about this guy but man it’s crazy few years ago everyone on here thought smith was the best d man in that first round. Now he’s gone. Can’t always believe the hype around draft picks

Reactions: mdj12784

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I think I said the other day I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith traded before the season started, didn't think it'd be so soon though lol. He's just a bit redudnant on our team and his skating being Butcher-esque doesn't help.

I've heard good things about Marino. I remember maybe like a year ago I saw some clips on Twitter showing the subtle plays Marino made throughout a game that were really slick defensively. Excited to see what he can do and gotta wonder what'll happen with Severson now.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Well Fitz ain’t sitting on his hands that’s for sure. Wish Ty the best but heck yeah I’ll take Marino. He’ll be a fantastic partner for Luke.
Fitz did hell of a job on this trade given the year Smith had. I strongly dislike the Palat deal but he makes up for it to an extent here.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
That’s bad for pitt.

Marino is slightly overpaid based on metrics & impact, but that’s fine. I do wonder what this does with Severson given how they drafted nemec, got Marino, and have Hamilton for another 6 years

Reactions: bossram and Blender
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad