Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If Loktionov continues to improve, I think he can be this year's version of Henrique. An unproven center who impresses greatly and earns a spot in the top 6.

Hopefully he develops a bromance with Kovalchuk. And yes, I based that 100% off them both being Russian

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
He just needs to get used to play with a living god, because that's what Kovalchuk is for all these Russian kids. The few times they played together, Zharkov was behaving exactly the same way.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
People were being a little ridiculous saying to have him center Kovy before even watching him play, but honestly I think he has looked better with Kovy than either Zajac or Henrique.

Although I do think Loki has been forcing passes to Kovy. Hasn't hurt us yet, but I think he's a little starstruck.

He has looked much better than Zajac with Kovy. And Zajac scores on one of his first shifts with Patty last night too. I hope he keeps those lines together despite losing. Cause they were pretty damn good compared to what we've been icing that hasn't been working.

I think Loktionov is a pass first kind of player though. The Kings fans who talked about him on here said he's a pure playmaker.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Gagne was really the only Flyer I ever liked. That said, I just don't think he's got much game left. I'd rather not give up anything to acquire him.

I agree, I used to want him here, but he is very close to the end of the rope. Probably not worth it at any price.

Josefson does still have some value attached to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he is included in a package - I just wouldn't like it very much.

If he regains some confidence and develops properly to hit near his ceiling, he'd be a perfect Devils forward.

I'm willing to give it patience; we'll see what Lou has in store, though. Once everybody's healthy, we might be out of room on the roster this upcoming summer.

I don't want Yayo to be traded. I agree with your assessment that he will develop into a core Devils forward given time. Just isn't there yet. I'd listen to offers that include him, but I don't want Lou shopping him as a throw in for every deal he discusses. And I don't think he is.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I agree, I used to want him here, but he is very close to the end of the rope. Probably not worth it at any price.

I don't want Yayo to be traded. I agree with your assessment that he will develop into a core Devils forward given time. Just isn't there yet. I'd listen to offers that include him, but I don't want Lou shopping him as a throw in for every deal he discusses. And I don't think he is.

Josefson's had a rough stretch of late.

In the beginning of the year, he was playing so great and that it's kind of died off of late. The Devils were right to send him down when he did, and just let him regain his confidence. I really like him as our future 3C whose solid in the defensive zone and chips in points here or there.

He had a rough game last night, kind of upset me.

kiwidevil

Poni is and should be a 3rd liner. It's the reason he succeeded on this team.

At the moment he is getting the Leaf, Pens and Kings treatment.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Problem is that there isn't much other option right now. If Lokti plays well enough he could make Henrique a better option on that wing but for now there isn't many options for that top line.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Poni is and should be a 3rd liner. It's the reason he succeeded on this team.

At the moment he is getting the Leaf, Pens and Kings treatment.

I agree. We haven't really had a good first line all season. Even Zubrus on it was kinda bleh. I think before last game was the longest a 1st line has stayed together since Poni arrived. Zajac hasn't done much on even strength, and neither has Kovy. Though it's funny Zajac scores a few shifts into the game with Patty. We even had Stefan ****in Matteau starting on that line most games he played before Poni came.

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovy could be the best 1st line we've had all season. It could also suck. Poni-Loktionov-Kovy could also be a good line for now though too. Loktionov has produced points with both of them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The line with Poni-Loktionov-Bernier was pretty good last night. I liked those lines a lot. I just hope he don't axe them just cause we lost. However if Carter comes back they will be.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I agree. We haven't really had a good first line all season. Even Zubrus on it was kinda bleh. I think before last game was the longest a 1st line has stayed together since Poni arrived. Zajac hasn't done much on even strength, and neither has Kovy. Though it's funny Zajac scores a few shifts into the game with Patty. We even had Stefan ****in Matteau starting on that line most games he played before Poni came.

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovy could be the best 1st line we've had all season. It could also suck. Poni-Loktionov-Kovy could also be a good line for now though too. Loktionov has produced points with both of them.

It will be good when Henrique/Zajac get going, but I think we need to accept no trade is going to go down that will turn the top line into this killer beast line. We just aren't going to have one line that can just carry us. We are never going to be built like Pitt is. Depth scoring and pressure with solid D is our key to success. Why Loki looking good is so useful to this team right now. We can get a Loki 3rd line rolling with Zubs and whomever along with CBGB, helps stretch and wear out the opposition, lets the first two lines use the good talent they have more effectively. Also Pete and Lou aren't going to move Henrique to the wing on a full-time basis. It just isn't going to happen. They prefer him at center, all the lines with Henrique at wing are pipe dreams. I am ok with that too, JJ needs more time clearly and I prefer Elias at the wing. When Henrique was not slumping that line was rolling and looking unstoppable, would still be rolling if Henrique didn't go into a funk and start missing open nets left and right. Our slump almost went hand in hand with him missing wide open chances.

4 lines, forecheck, solid D and goaltending. We just need to get back to that. Definitely look forward to when Zubs returns and Loki has a full line with no Barch on it to work with for a full game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It will be good when Henrique/Zajac get going, but I think we need to accept no trade is going to go down that will turn the top line into this killer beast line. We just aren't going to have one line that can just carry us. We are never going to be built like Pitt is. Depth scoring and pressure with solid D is our key to success. Why Loki looking good is so useful to this team right now. We can get a Loki 3rd line rolling with Zubs and whomever along with CBGB, helps stretch and wear out the opposition, lets the first two lines use the good talent they have more effectively. Also Pete and Lou aren't going to move Henrique to the wing on a full-time basis. It just isn't going to happen. They prefer him at center, all the lines with Henrique at wing are pipe dreams. I am ok with that too, JJ needs more time clearly and I prefer Elias at the wing. When Henrique was not slumping that line was rolling and looking unstoppable, would still be rolling if Henrique didn't go into a funk and start missing open nets left and right. Our slump almost went hand in hand with him missing wide open chances.

4 lines, forecheck, solid D and goaltending. We just need to get back to that. Definitely look forward to when Zubs returns and Loki has a full line with no Barch on it to work with for a full game.

I think Loktionov continues to do good things with Kovy, he could possibly be moved up there to center him, and put Henrique at wing. At least until there is nothing left, or if they just don't work out at all.

And I agree we really aren't gonna get anything good in a trade. We thought we were gonna get something for Tallinder, but it's not looking good. We'd get more if we sent Fayne away, but it's probably not worth it. Especially for a rental.

jughead42*

If Loktionov continues to improve, I think he can be this year's version of Henrique. An unproven center who impresses greatly and earns a spot in the top 6.

Hopefully he develops a bromance with Kovalchuk. And yes, I based that 100% off them both being Russian

It's funny you say that, Loktionov played on the same junior team as Adam Henrique, they won a memorial cup championship together with the Windsor Spitfires. Loktionov has amazing passing skills, he has the ability to slow things down and make the pass that nobody sees coming. You guys got a gem in my opinion, the kid might be an elite playmaker.

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
the Kid's been hot since we got him, but lets remember how good Tedenby looked in his first chance with the team. i'm not gonna christen him a top 6 forward until he can earn the trust of the coaching staff in tough situations.

also, he has a boyish face. i hope we got a gem here

apice3*

It will be good when Henrique/Zajac get going, but I think we need to accept no trade is going to go down that will turn the top line into this killer beast line.

I disagree.

We're not going to get an elite 1st liner to carry the team, but that's not really what it takes. We need someone that can click with Kovy. That can be a 80 point player, that can be a 30 point player. We need someone who can get Kovy going on a nightly basis, even if Kovy has to carry im the whole way. Think Todd White. In 2008, he put up 70+ points, yet I wouldn't consider him a 1st line center. We need a player who isn't necessarily a 1st line LW, but we need someone who Kovy can click with.

Obviously that player, this year, is not Todd Wite. I don't know who it is. It'll take some Lou magic to make a deal, but it'll take some luck to make it all work.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
The line with Poni-Loktionov-Bernier was pretty good last night. I liked those lines a lot. I just hope he don't axe them just cause we lost. However if Carter comes back they will be.

Poni - Lokti - Bernier was the first time we had a legit third line this season and they were better than pretty good.

As seen in the posts above, there will be temptations to keep CBGB together once Carter is healthy and also promote Loktionov as a Kovy center option.

I'm sure we'll see both things, at some point soon, but we'll sacrifice something that actually works in the process.

And we cannot also have Henrique play wing with Kovy and Lokti, or that leaves:

Ponikarovsky, Butler, Barch and Matteau as the remaining forwards -- not a center among them.

apice3*

I'm all for breaking up CBGB temporarily. Come playoff time though, if they aren't on our 4th line, our top 3 lines aren't good enough to win the Cup.

Also, this team has plenty of centers. Elias and Zubrus can play center, as can Carter, although two of them are hurt and the 3rd probably isn't moving from wing right now.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
I'm all for breaking up CBGB temporarily. Come playoff time though, if they aren't on our 4th line, our top 3 lines aren't good enough to win the Cup.

Also, this team has plenty of centers. Elias and Zubrus can play center, as can Carter, although two of them are hurt and the 3rd probably isn't moving from wing right now.

Breaking up CBGB only in the fact that Bernier is subbing for Zubrus on the third line.

If Carter or Zubie are playing center, we are having issues.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
the Kid's been hot since we got him, but lets remember how good Tedenby looked in his first chance with the team. i'm not gonna christen him a top 6 forward until he can earn the trust of the coaching staff in tough situations.

also, he has a boyish face. i hope we got a gem here

Ya, I agree. I'm deferring judgment for now. He looks good, but that can easily change quickly until he proves his consistency.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I disagree.

We're not going to get an elite 1st liner to carry the team, but that's not really what it takes. We need someone that can click with Kovy. That can be a 80 point player, that can be a 30 point player. We need someone who can get Kovy going on a nightly basis, even if Kovy has to carry im the whole way. Think Todd White. In 2008, he put up 70+ points, yet I wouldn't consider him a 1st line center. We need a player who isn't necessarily a 1st line LW, but we need someone who Kovy can click with.

Obviously that player, this year, is not Todd Wite. I don't know who it is. It'll take some Lou magic to make a deal, but it'll take some luck to make it all work.
White mostly played with kozlov and little that year

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I disagree.

Ok that is something I can see and think it can we done. Why I like the idea of Weiss. That is definitely the kind of move that we should be looking at.

Oh and egg on my face. Henrique-Loki-Kovy a line in practice today.

apice3*

White mostly played with kozlov and little that year

13584038586885_f.jpg

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
There was a quote from Deboer saying he was just trying things out. I don't think he'll use Henrique and Sushi on the same line without calling Josefson up, at least not for a whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad