Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer*

You better have a good source/link. No "main" source is.

EDIT: Renaud Lavoie says it now

NJDpassantino

Jan 16, 2012
Had a feeling he would be traded here. But, I do not get it he is a center and we have enough of those.

apice3*

Had a feeling he would be traded here. But, I do not get it he is a center and we have enough of those.

Who cares? We gave up a 5th rounder and centers are very capable of playing wing.

Can anyone tell us more about his game?

NJDpassantino

Jan 16, 2012
Just got me thinking. Does this make Tedenby expendable? I think we could see a follow up trade getting rid of a D and Teddy. Making it a package deal to acquire a top 6 forward.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
welcome aboard Lokti! despite him being assigned to albany i wonder what their plans for him are considering he wanted out of LA bc he was stuck behind a plethora of centers. prolly either gonna check him out in albany first and see if he should be called up this year, or keep him down there for the remainder of this season but have plans for next season, or simply brought him in strictly to help the A Devs.

Analyzer*

Who cares? We gave up a 5th rounder and centers are very capable of playing wing.

Small skilled player.

Just got me thinking. Does this make Tedenby expendable? I think we could see a follow up trade getting rid of a D and Teddy. Making it a package deal to acquire a top 6 forward.

Would have to be one of the Devils better dman, because of Loko only got a 5th Tedenby wouldn't carry much more value

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Whether or not Loktionov becomes an impact player for the Devils is up in there. But at the price of only a 5th round pick, it's a steal, and like someone mentioned above this could make Teddy expendable. Only positives can come from this trade, well done Lou!!!

NJDpassantino

Jan 16, 2012
Small skilled player.

Would have to be one of the Devils better dman, because of Loko only got a 5th Tedenby wouldn't carry much more value
Idk Loki as a player, but Ted has some great skill and potential. Also I think all of our Dman have great value.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Good point. Lokti got small returns, Tedenby isn't going to fetch anything. Although Lokti wanted out and Tedenby has not.

apice3*

By himself, no, but trading Tedenby makes no sense unless it's in a package.

apice3*

That being said, I don't see how this move makes Tedenby any more or less expendable.

DeeMeck

Jan 19, 2008

He played some wing for the Kings but he was invisible. He plays well at center.

He is an under-sized play-making center. Great vision, passing ability, and can hang onto the puck and make things happen. Not good on face-offs or in a 4th line role. His skill doesn't come out unless he is playing with other skilled players. He is decent in his own end but his size is a liability along the boards.

He is very good on the power play. He needs to get better 5 on 5 to stick in the NHL. He could center a 3rd line regularly if he has wingers that can put the puck in the net.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Assets: Has plenty of playmaking and offensive prowess, backed by soft hands. Can play both center or wing. Is shifty, extremely patient with the puck and plays a heady game.
Flaws: Lacks ideal size for the NHL game and isn't at all a physical player, so he'll need to continue adding strength in order to thrive at the highest level.
Career Potential: Creative offensive forward with some upside.
http://forecaster.canada.com/thestar/hockey/player.php?6795

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Virtually no risk and potentially high reward pick up. Kids only 22 as well.

Let him learn the system in Albany, if he impresses, bring him up to NJ. I like the idea of stockpiling these NHL/AHL tweeners with some potential. It strengthens our forward depth a little more.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Virtually no risk and potentially high reward pick up. Kids only 22 as well.

Let him learn the system in Albany, if he impresses, bring him up to NJ. I like the idea of stockpiling these NHL/AHL tweeners with some potential. It strengthens our forward depth a little more.

If Loki plays with another skill player it changes his potential immediately, if we're pulling a Josefson and stick him on the 4th line our results our results aren't going to be pretty.

He needs to play with Patty, Kovy, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad