Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Its funny how when I mentioned last week about putting Loki on the first line with Kovy to create some kind of Russian Chemistry, a select few of ya' told me that I was nuts to even think of putting a nobody up on that line.

Now try this one, swap out Henrique with Butler & put him on the 2nd line with Clarky & Elias.

Things will get better. And wait till we get to the deadline & they trade some our scrap heap for Vinny Prospal at the deadline.

Mark that down folks. ;)

Hahaha I remember this and I defended u

Last edited by a moderator:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought we already discussed Prospal being a no go since he's got a verbal agreement to end his career in Columbus, and go on to have a front office job there?

Could be a non deal with the new GM though.

apice3*

Its funny how when I mentioned last week about putting Loki on the first line with Kovy to create some kind of Russian Chemistry, a select few of ya' told me that I was nuts to even think of putting a nobody up on that line.

Not to be a dick, but your argument was pretty baseless.

The Russian factor is the worst thing about the two - Loki constantly forces passes to Kovy no matter where the defenders are because Kovy is God in the eyes of Russian kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Loved his goal last night. The way he put it between the defenseman and his stick, gaaaah, great goal. Such a smart player!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Not to be a dick, but your argument was pretty baseless.

The Russian factor is the worst thing about the two - Loki constantly forces passes to Kovy no matter where the defenders are because Kovy is God in the eyes of Russian kids.

What kind of prejudice is that?

apice3*

Prejudice? Because Russian kids look up to one of the greatest Russian goal scorers of all time? It's just natural.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's the same reason why people assume every Russian player has to sign here if Lou would just make an offer.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Florida can keep the 5th round pick. Hopefully the guy they draft makes it to the AHL!:laugh:

Ironically Loktionov was a 5th round pick. The sad part is this team is a little better than it was on that winning streak. Loktionov, and Poni are solid additions. However the other guys need to step it up a little. Zajac, Kovy, Clarkson.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Prejudice? Because Russian kids look up to one of the greatest Russian goal scorers of all time? It's just natural.

No,it's natural to play with your teammates to win games, regardless of the nationality. Even the stats tell Lokti isn't serving as Kovalchuck's sidekick.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Florida can keep the 5th round pick. Hopefully the guy they draft makes it to the AHL!:laugh:

Ironically Loktionov was a 5th round pick. The sad part is this team is a little better than it was on that winning streak. Loktionov, and Poni are solid additions. However the other guys need to step it up a little. Zajac, Kovy, Clarkson.

Why I think it is silly to go full panic right now. Team is built better then it was when we were hot as hell. Just a bunch of guys are slumping on both sides of the ice. All the forwards you mentioned plus a bunch of guys on D started playing worse, and Moose is in a slump on top of it.

Guys are starting to look better in the last few, especially today. Henrique hopefully can use this to break his slump. I thought Clarkson looked better today then has has in the past two or three. Zajac is still unable to finish and that needs to change. To many chances left on the doorstep by him today.

I am excited to see all the gears going with Loki in the lineup. Add Zubs and another forward to replace Butler and this team can still be very dangerous.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Why I think it is silly to go full panic right now. Team is built better then it was when we were hot as hell. Just a bunch of guys are slumping on both sides of the ice. All the forwards you mentioned plus a bunch of guys on D started playing worse, and Moose is in a slump on top of it.

Guys are starting to look better in the last few, especially today. Henrique hopefully can use this to break his slump. I thought Clarkson looked better today then has has in the past two or three. Zajac is still unable to finish and that needs to change. To many chances left on the doorstep by him today.

I am excited to see all the gears going with Loki in the lineup. Add Zubs and another forward to replace Butler and this team can still be very dangerous.

This is so off-base. Don't you know this a cellar team who will most definitely not make the playoffs? You should hate them. They are worthless and will not get better. Pure garbage.

#HFboardsfandom

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
No,it's natural to play with your teammates to win games, regardless of the nationality. Even the stats tell Lokti isn't serving as Kovalchuck's sidekick.

The stats also say that Loktionov is not likely to continue shooting with 40% success, but there's no doubt he looks like he fits where he's playing right now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Loktionov isn't even a real shooter from what I've seen, and have been told. Our Kings buddy who comes in here has said he's a pure playmaker. I expect him to get more points through assists than goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad