Post-Game Talk: Devils 7 Canucks 2 (Podkolzin, Pearson)

Neutrally and objectively speaking, which Hughes is better at ice hockey?

• Total voters

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
For some reason, the Canucks have awful games in NJ (I cant even remember the last time they won there?)..Usually, the Devils goaltender stones us...Speaking of goaltending, lets hope that Halak doesn't get shellacked tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindgren

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The New Jersey Devils has a very likeable team, I Also kind of feel bad for the fan base as well, they also had a ton of this mis-management like we have, Maybe not to the same level, but still.

Also, Jack Hughes has matured a lot over the year, development has been very fun to track

Reactions: mdj12784

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Not that I care, but are players allowed to make bets on games like that?

Yes because it's the same as betting a case of beer. As long as the incentive is to compete and doesn't have any outside organization, it will be allowed.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The New Jersey Devils has a very likeable team, I Also kind of feel bad for the fan base as well, they also had a ton of this mis-management like we have, Maybe not to the same level, but still.

Also, Jack Hughes has matured a lot over the year, development has been very fun to track
Agreed. On all accounts

May 31, 2006
Our bad recent record against the Devils is a complete reversal from previous decades, when we always had their number (and that's when they were good).

IIRC we are the only team that Brodeur had a career losing record against.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Honestly, it was inevitable. The interesting thing is if he can even play well enough to raise his s%.

Well his 250k bonus should be his motivation. I expect a good game from Halak.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Not you *can't* have good taste at that age, but I would love to see what two 20ish bachelors have picked out for their co-owned house :laugh:
61QuO004GSL._AC_UL320_.jpg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Devils are bleeding goals against right now....coming off a particularly ugly loss 8-5 in Chicago.

Yet for some reason New Jersey has been 'Death Valley' for Canuck teams over the years. That's often because the games start at 10 a.m. Pacific Time, and are often the games that kick off a long road-trip. And for some reason, the Canucks seem to leave their A-game on the plane.

Tonight's contest is at a more management 4:30 p.m. Pacific, and the Canucks are coming off a win last night across town in Manhattan. So they must be adjusted to the time difference by now. And they should also be the more desperate team.....they need every point.

But if they start this game the way they started against the Rangers, they could be in trouble. No way Halak would have stopped at least a couple of those Ranger chances.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The Devils are bleeding goals against right now....coming off a particularly ugly loss 8-5 in Chicago.

Yet for some reason New Jersey has been 'Death Valley' for Canuck teams over the years. That's often because the games start at 10 a.m. Pacific Time, and are often the games that kick off a long road-trip. And for some reason, the Canucks seem to leave their A-game on the plane.

Tonight's contest is at a more management 4:30 p.m. Pacific, and the Canucks are coming off a win last night across town in Manhattan. So they must be adjusted to the time difference by now. And they should also be the more desperate team.....they need every point.

But if they start this game the way they started against the Rangers, they could be in trouble. No way Halak would have stopped at least a couple of those Ranger chances.
I think we're basically a guaranteed win honestly. We win every game against teams that play a goalie who can't stop a beach ball because our goalies are simply better.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Whats with all the non Canuck highlites in this video?

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Devils look more ready to play. Canucks can't get organized enough to get through the neutral zone with possession.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad