Post-Game Talk: Devils 4-Refs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
It's nice being Pitt's Achilles' Heel. Especially with the ref BS.

Hope they build some confidence from this win and move on from that dumpster fire of a roadtrip.

Reactions: My3Sons and mtnet

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Good win. Hopefully Hischer is back soon.

This team has too many passengers. Zacha, good game or not, does not deserve that spot if he can't put up points. He has to find a way to get pucks in the net or set up his linemates.

Johansson looks dreadful. I think everyone agrees there.

Miles Wood, training camp holdout, has 1 goal in 15 games.

Noesen looks bad.
Dea is back to looking like a player that got waived.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I missed Kessel jumping Seney, which f***ed Bratt / us out of a goal. Holy hell is this league a joke with the favoritism.

Glad they won. Not a fan of the sitting back in the third after they got the lead with their 3rd goal, and really not a fan of how Hynes leans on Greene so much when defending a lead. It's playing with fire.

Glad they got an empty netter.

Kinkaid is the number one right now, there should be no debate there. And he should start the next few games.

Reactions: liquid1988

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Good win. Hopefully Hischer is back soon.

This team has too many passengers. Zacha, good game or not, does not deserve that spot if he can't put up points. He has to find a way to get pucks in the net or set up his linemates.

Noesen looks bad.

He literally set up up the play that resulted in the Severson goal. He also set up Mueller with an amazing scoring chance, but Meuller fired it right over the net.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Night and day difference from this game vs. the last couple of weeks. Would have stunk to have lost this game considering the nonsense officiating, but there’d be no way you could question the effort tonight. They battled extremely well. I’d like to think they’re due to win a couple in a row here so hopefully they can continue this form into Thursday. This game really was a breath of fresh air. Thought Zacha had a really nice game as well.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Noesen looks bad.

Agree with everything except the bolded. I thought Dea had a decent game for a 4th-line, solid compete level tonight battling for the puck.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
He literally set up up the play that resulted in the Severson goal. He also set up Mueller with an amazing scoring chance, but Meuller fired it right over the net.
Zacha? I didn't say he had a bad game. Just that we're using him as a top six center and he has zero points. So this game is good. He has to be better next game.. .and continue to grow from here. He has been called out frequently by the coaching staff in his young career and he will put together some strong shifts and a game or two but then he drifts back into being a passenger. So I don't mean to pick on him for tonight... he was good... but overall this team's long term success depends in part on him getting his offensive game together on a consistent basis.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I am 100% on board with Zajac taking back 1st line minutes. He's got good vision, responsible and he can long the minutes with Hall and Palms.
H - Z - P would be fine as 1 and Zacha - Hischier - Bratt as 2. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Anderson or Seney in limited roles and perhaps Wood Seney Boyle (I don't know would he?) could be an effective 4th with the two former players covering for Boyle's rapid-onset polio.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I am 100% on board with Zajac taking back 1st line minutes. He's got good vision, responsible and he can long the minutes with Hall and Palms.
H - Z - P would be fine as 1 and Zacha - Hischier - Bratt as 2. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Anderson or Seney in limited roles and perhaps Wood Seney Boyle (I don't know would he?) could be an effective 4th with the two former players covering for Boyle's rapid-onset polio.
Zajac has 13 points in 15 games and has been one of our most hardworking and consistent players. Literally no reason for anyone to be complaining about him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
submitted for anyone’s enjoyment in future GDT’s:

61-BF7-A0-E-A2-CB-4214-8-E2-F-C0-E2-E86-E940-B.jpg
VERY GOOD! But I have to say, it's missing a couple things.

It really needs a ''Schneider allows 3 goals'' which should be the free spot in the games he plays.

And it also needs a ''Tundra appears while badly losing'' spot.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zajac matches up against Crosby all night and completely gets the better of him.

source.gif
He does A LOT when we're facing them. I'm sure Crosby knows it by now.

I will say, Crosby probably respects him and recognizes this more than most players in the league will respect him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad