Post-Game Talk: Devils 3 Rangers 2 - The win in someplace that got renovated recently edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Certain players are just smarter than others in terms of knowing where the puck is going to be, where to go on the ice, etc.

of course the obvious is Gretzky right?

But then you have Elias, Jagr....

I just think Harrold makes such stupid decisions most of the time. He never shoots when there's an opportunity to shoot. He waits too long to make a play. He's not sensing where to put the puck...

clarkson is another example of limited hockey sense......i'm sure leafs fans are getting use to it by now.

Agreed 100% - especially on Clarkson, I used to throw shoes at my TV telling that guy to pass the puck when a clear lane was open.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Man I really don't miss Clarkson one bit on that 7 year deal. I do however believe that he would be doing better had he stayed here. Then again maybe not, Petey would have forced his favorite son into the top 6 like last year. There would be much less pressure on him in Jersey though.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Are we still playing the trap and a collapsing style of defense? I guess I was mistaken thinking that was the the Rangers style for the past several years under Torts?

We were definitely collapsing which was all in all a success, putting pressure on the blueline is not really what they do defensively. They did it well, Rangers did not have many looks to shoot.

Watched the rerun at noon and I completely understand why DeBoer played Harrold 28 minutes, the guy was excellent. His +2 was well deserved. Quick, crisp decision-making, something I would like to see more of in Larsson's game. Love Zidlicky's confidence with the puck these days. Watching McDonaugh get mesmerized by Jagr and stop watching sideways, giving away a 2 on 1 at the gwg is priceless.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Man I really don't miss Clarkson one bit on that 7 year deal. I do however believe that he would be doing better had he stayed here. Then again maybe not, Petey would have forced his favorite son into the top 6 like last year. There would be much less pressure on him in Jersey though.

He's enjoying his time- modeling crushed blue velvet suits

576x759xdavid-clarkson.jpg.pagespeed.ic.zDuMxrXgjd.jpg

:laugh: "the maple leafs' new hope" nice title.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
We were definitely collapsing which was all in all a success, putting pressure on the blueline is not really what they do defensively. They did it well, Rangers did not have many looks to shoot.

Watched the rerun at noon and I completely understand why DeBoer played Harrold 28 minutes, the guy was excellent. His +2 was well deserved. Quick, crisp decision-making, something I would like to see more of in Larsson's game. Love Zidlicky's confidence with the puck these days. Watching McDonaugh get mesmerized by Jagr and stop watching sideways, giving away a 2 on 1 at the gwg is priceless.

His +2 came from Larsson changing right when the Devils scored. Larsson started the play for the 2nd and 3rd goals and then changed right when the goal was scored. So Harrold and Greene got a nice boost for their stats hahah bit unfortunate for Lars though.

Anyway, I liked Harrold ES but not on the PP.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
His +2 came from Larsson changing right when the Devils scored. Larsson started the play for the 2nd and 3rd goals and then changed right when the goal was scored. So Harrold and Greene got a nice boost for their stats hahah bit unfortunate for Lars though.

Anyway, I liked Harrold ES but not on the PP.

Agree with that, I really did not like how he looked on the PP at all. We need Elias back and no more Harrold on the PP

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Harrold was good last game, but he's kind of a waste on the PP. We could be utilizing his spot with better options.

Harrold isn't a complete trainwreck on the PP, but I'd only put him there if we were really depleted of defensemen who play the power play.

Nothing infuriated me more than seeing Tallinder on the PP. Wasn't a fan of Fayne on the PP either. I'm not even sure why Tallinder was on the PP or whose decision it was to put him there. He had a grand total of 3 PP points in 146 games with us. A total of 11 career PP points.:laugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
November 14, 4 points from 1st in the division...Right on schedule.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
THAT HAS TO BE PHOTOSHOPPED!!!!

No question.... :laugh:

it's not.
http://www.thefashionisto.com/david-clarkson-covers-mens-fashion-boss-hugo-boss/

David Clarkson Covers Men’s Fashion–Wearing a full look from BOSS by Hugo Boss, new star hockey player of The Leafs, David Clarkson covers the holiday edition of Men’s Fashion, lensed by photographer Christopher Wahl. Dishing to the magazine, out on the 15th, Clarkson talks about his career ambitions and family.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Clarkson is the Maple Leafs new hope?

they have as much chance of that as signing Luke Skywalker

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
And I'm literally one of the last people you will ever find defending Harrold, but he was solid tonight and his strong skating helped prevent a couple partial breakaways and odd man rushes.

Yeah. I think we need to pump the brakes a bit on that narrative. Not my favorite player, but he has been pretty solid as of late.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Yeah. I think we need to pump the brakes a bit on that narrative. Not my favorite player, but he has been pretty solid as of late.

Not going that far.

Maybe take the foot off the floorboard on the accelerator but I'm not touching the brakes so long as he ices the puck with the goalie pulled and 12 seconds left in the game with a 1 goal lead.

That was just...

... ugh... what's the word I'm looking for...

Brutal.

(he also is supposed to be one of our faster D but he is getting burnt along the boards nonstop which means he's either slower than reported, or as bad at positioning as feared)

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
That icing sucked. No doubt. Be he logged monster minutes and played a solid game.

Earlier in the season, when he was getting brutally draped in every board battle and was Bambi on his skates, and Larsson was a healthy scratch, I was blowing blood vessels.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The rap on Harrold (and usually with reason) is that he'll be good over a 5-6 game stretch but craps out the longer he's in the lineup. Even Pete almost admitted as much. It makes sense he's been good since getting off IR and was better early in the season than he was before getting hurt, but I don't expect it to last, especially with more 27+ minute games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad