Post-Game Talk: Devils 3 Rangers 2 - The win in someplace that got renovated recently edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

holikwillfindyou

Jan 19, 2010
booville
trained it down :handclap: Thanks for the feedback yesterday, had a great time! Train beers are the best beers.

Hit up rattle n' hum after the game for a quick beer. I got a hard shoulder bump from liam neeson when walking out too. I guess he was filming a scene for a movie where he's hustling through the crowd while they're filing out of msg, so many devils/rangers fans or myself might see some big-screen action haha.

taken 3

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Oh, and one more thing to note....

I'm really glad I made it to MSG for a game being that it made me appreciate our home barn so much more. The music they play is abysmal, the intro and everything else does nothing to get the crowd going and the place is ridiculously more quiet than I ever thought it was. They really pump the crowd noise up for TV big time.

Devils Rangers games at the Rock were so much louder and just a better experience, all bias aside.

The music in MSG is far superior to anything I hear at Prudential. And don't get me started about the NVMC.

Marc87

May 9, 2012
Oh, and one more thing to note....

I'm really glad I made it to MSG for a game being that it made me appreciate our home barn so much more. The music they play is abysmal, the intro and everything else does nothing to get the crowd going and the place is ridiculously more quiet than I ever thought it was. They really pump the crowd noise up for TV big time.

Devils Rangers games at the Rock were so much louder and just a better experience, all bias aside.

I agree on all counts!

Who the HELL picks out their music?! It's awful!!! They come out onto the ice to U2 and Coldplay and then go onto play mostly Top 40 the rest of the game; and pop dance songs at the beginning of periods, like "Save The World" by Swedish House Mafia?!?!? The intro was all about "tradition" and "brotherhood" with slow operatic music, nothing to get your blood pumping for the game ahead, especially as they take the ice. They really turn the volume up on the mic'ing when they broadcast because it was a mausoleum in there. The only substantial "Let's Go Rangers!" chants I heard were after we started the "Let's Go Devils!" chants.

The crowd was pretty tame during power plays, after penalty kills, and the chanting in their "OOO OOO OOOO" song was largely amplified from the "fake" crowd noise in the song than from what I could hear coming from the crowd.

I've heard Islanders fans get louder, after being down 3-0 than what I heard last night. Nassau Coliseum might have better acoustics?? Not sure...

Marc87

May 9, 2012
The music in MSG is far superior to anything I hear at Prudential. And don't get me started about the NVMC.

Have you been to a game yet this year? The music format has changed big-time. A lot more rock, classic rock, new-ish hard rock, etc... More Ramones, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, etc...

Unless you're saying you don't like that stuff?

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
Have you been to a game yet this year? The music format has changed big-time. A lot more rock, classic rock, new-ish hard rock, etc... More Ramones, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, etc...

Unless you're saying you don't like that stuff?

Yeah, I was pretty taken back at how little atmosphere was created in that place. Really does make me appreciate the Rock so much more. I guess I always took it for granted.

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
I just think Harrold has zero hockey sense, especially when it comes to creating plays. Always passes when he should shoot, or he takes a century to shoot allowing the goalie to get back into position.

Frustrating to watch.

198 NHL games yet he has no hockey sense ? 3-0-1 in the last 4 and right back in it yet some still find things to complain about......thats frustrating to read

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, I was pretty taken back at how little atmosphere was created in that place. Really does make me appreciate the Rock so much more. I guess I always took it for granted.

To be fair, it was a Rangers fan worst nightmare, Marty outdueling hemroid.

Henry Killinger

Sep 25, 2006
Roanoke, VA
I think Chico had a "rap e" comment as well. He has to watch those.

Love him with Dano post game, Im not so hot on him as in game analyst.

Chico said "drape". He was talking about how Jagr would drape himself over the opposing players. I thought he said what you did at first as well. Had to ask the wife "did he just say what I think he said?" She laughed, and said "no, he said drape."

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What a joke. That was the most shots against we've allowed in a game this season and quite honestly one of the more underwhelming defensive efforts of the season.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
2) Trolling: Do not make posts or threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; please keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums, please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I am not accusing Tony Dorsett of intentionally slapping the puck in to Gelinas' head.

But how ironic that with about 16:20 left in the 3rd period the roles were reversed.
Gelinas sent a puck to Dorsett's face.

Irony

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
2) Trolling: Do not make posts or threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; please keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums, please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.

I like this rule.

If I wanted to read opposing fans opinions I would go to their boards.

A Slapshot Assgrab

Apr 27, 2012
Morris County, NJ
I agree on all counts!

Who the HELL picks out their music?! It's awful!!! They come out onto the ice to U2 and Coldplay and then go onto play mostly Top 40 the rest of the game; and pop dance songs at the beginning of periods, like "Save The World" by Swedish House Mafia?!?!? The intro was all about "tradition" and "brotherhood" with slow operatic music, nothing to get your blood pumping for the game ahead, especially as they take the ice. They really turn the volume up on the mic'ing when they broadcast because it was a mausoleum in there. The only substantial "Let's Go Rangers!" chants I heard were after we started the "Let's Go Devils!" chants.

The crowd was pretty tame during power plays, after penalty kills, and the chanting in their "OOO OOO OOOO" song was largely amplified from the "fake" crowd noise in the song than from what I could hear coming from the crowd.

I've heard Islanders fans get louder, after being down 3-0 than what I heard last night. Nassau Coliseum might have better acoustics?? Not sure...

Shame these quiet, sit-on-their-hands type corporate goobers aren't the ones that end up going to the Rock during Rangers visits. Instead, the scum of Rags fans go to the Rock (and applicable to Nassau Coliseum) because it's the ones that can't pay for a Gahden ticket in the nosebleeds without dipping into their retirement fund.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Are we still playing the trap and a collapsing style of defense? I guess I was mistaken thinking that was the the Rangers style for the past several years under Torts?

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Ranger fans are starting to sound like Leaf fans. It's the refs, the whistle, luck or the slow and boring style they play.
We may be slow but didn't Carter blow by their fastest guy and Zajac sure was motoring on that winner. Not bad for a slow, old and boring team.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
198 NHL games yet he has no hockey sense ? 3-0-1 in the last 4 and right back in it yet some still find things to complain about......thats frustrating to read

David Hale also played in the NHL for 200 games, doesn't mean he was a good player who knew what to do with the puck.

Harrold has no hockey sense. Not every player has it....in fact I'm a believer that there are more stupid NHL players than smart ones.

Complaining? I'm not complaining, just pointing out an obvious flaw in Harrold's game. And that's just one of them. The fact that he's undersized and gets pushed off the puck frequently is another.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I've come to the conclusion that Rangers fans know nothing about hockey - lucky for them, their GM doesn't either.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
:laugh: did you see their IQ test results?

Sorry - I just thought that was a funny line.

Certain players are just smarter than others in terms of knowing where the puck is going to be, where to go on the ice, etc.

of course the obvious is Gretzky right?

But then you have Elias, Jagr....

I just think Harrold makes such stupid decisions most of the time. He never shoots when there's an opportunity to shoot. He waits too long to make a play. He's not sensing where to put the puck...

clarkson is another example of limited hockey sense......i'm sure leafs fans are getting use to it by now.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Finally got to watch the game on the DVR. I was with you guys in spirit. ****ing loved it :yo:

Good to see the Sharks broke the slump too!

We're now 2-0-0 in games where I threaten to turn on the Sharks game if the Devils are doing poorly.:laugh:

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Good to see the Sharks broke the slump too!

We're now 2-0-0 in games where I threaten to turn on the Sharks game if the Devils are doing poorly.:laugh:

Thanks! Kept our board from imploding :laugh:

Keep it up then, dude! But if you do have to switch (hope not), make sure to give us a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad