Devils 2021 offseason (news, notes and speculation) - part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Worth mentioning this article and table were made before the Tatar signing.

I just want to see improvement this season. If that happens, I can live with no playoffs.

A healthy Blackwood/Bernier tandem alone would yield a massive improvement. Since Blackwood has entered the league we have an 86 pt pace in games he starts and a 62 pt pace in games he doesn't

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I dont get people not liking adding Tatar. We are still rebuilding . We have taken a nice step forward by addressing some needs but even Fitz knows we are not contending yet. Adding talent to help the kids win more games is awesome. No one is pretending that by adding Tatar we think we are Cup contenders nor are we blowing cap space on a player thinking he is the key missing piece. He was added ot make us more competitive and help Hughes Nico and the PP. Somple as that. Be happy and enjoy we added someone that can help us.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
They didn't make a mistake. They played a better player in Evans. I guess Vegas made the same mistake a couple of years back when they dealt for him and went to the Finals too.

Maybe you guys are right. The statistical correllation is very strong that:

Scratch Tatar in playoffs == Stanley Cup Finals.
upload_2021-8-5_16-24-41.png

LW stats this playoff

they all sucked (though to be fair, tatars shot totals were pretty bad)

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He had 9 points in 18 games with Hughes and Sharangovich which is 0.50 P/G, identical to his total season pace. The 10 points in 10 games with Zajac was clearly an outlier hot streak that was in no way indicative of his offensive skill or ability.
So which is it? His #'s were bad away from Hughes, his #'s were the same, or was it just an "outlier hot streak"?

Reactions: billingtons ghost

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Ha, didn't check main page, didn't know we signed him.

As I said earlier, I'm OK with a 2 year deal.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He had a poor shooting % in WJC and I guess in the SHL as well. Snipers who can't finish? Concerning.

Needs to have a better year.
I do expect it will be better then 3.6%. But I have no clue where it will end up. I figure he'll get PP time, but whether he does or not will have a big impact on his overall shooting %.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad