Value of: Devils 2021 1st Round Pick

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Canes have too many D going into expansion. Make an offer on one, but be reasonable. While the deal is a D for the pick, Canes aren't rebuilding so the top couple D aren't available. But there are still fine D below the top pair.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Canes have too many D going into expansion. Make an offer on one, but be reasonable. While the deal is a D for the pick, Canes aren't rebuilding so the top couple D aren't available. But there are still fine D below the top pair.
No deal to be made. Would be interested in Pesce since Hamilton and Slavin are untouchable. Most fans in here are saying we shouldnt trade the pick it actually makes sense to do it. Pir drafting in the 1st round has been the worst in the NHL in the last 15 years. If we can get a player from a team somewhat tight on cap or looking to rebuild than we can add a young good player that is ready to help us now.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
No deal to be made. Would be interested in Pesce since Hamilton and Slavin are untouchable. Most fans in here are saying we shouldnt trade the pick it actually makes sense to do it. Pir drafting in the 1st round has been the worst in the NHL in the last 15 years. If we can get a player from a team somewhat tight on cap or looking to rebuild than we can add a young good player that is ready to help us now.

I don’t know. I think now that Zacha and McLeod both look pretty good I think it’s fair to say that since Castron came in we’ve done pretty good.

Zacha
McLeod
Hischier
Smith
Hughes
Holtz
Mercer
Mukamadulin

It’s really not that bad. Some of them just needed more time. Maybe rushing them was the problem.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Devils need to add another young top defenseman to the pipeline to build around beyond Smith. The top of this draft happens to be loaded with defensemen. Doesn't make any sense for NJ to trade the pick.
D take longer to develop usually. Devils need a top D who can help insulate their young forwards so they can do what they're best at instead of having to just play not to lose. Absolutely trade the pick if a quality D becomes available.

Reactions: MichaelJ

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
a protected 2021 would be even worse. nothing more demoralizing than handing shane wright to your trade partner.
Shane Wright is a 2022 draft pick. Also this trade is an offseason move post draft lottery hence why I even said top 3 protected.

Devilinlillinois

Jun 5, 2015
Yeah how about not trading our 2021 pick unless some miracle happens I don't see us making the playoffs anyway. People seriously need to be patient don't rush things worked real well the last time 1 year playoff appearance then back to the bottom how about not doing that this time.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Shane Wright is a 2022 draft pick. Also this trade is an offseason move post draft lottery hence why I even said top 3 protected.

If they get top3 this year, it moves to 2022. What if they get top3 again in 2022? Shane Wright.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Guess they couldn't use the pick to get rid of Subban........

You think the league's 28th placed team should trade the 4th overall pick to get rid of a contract that has 1 year left after this one? When they have no chance at competing and already have over 9M in cap space? Any owner that told his GM to do that to save money should have their team taken away from them.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
With the Devils currently in a slide in the standings I'm wondering what our 1st round pick can fetch us this year if moved for a player. Baring the pick being not a top 3 lotto pick the Devils would be interested in a young established top 6 forward or legitimate top 4 d man. Lets here your best offers. Also willing to tinker with picks like adding other picks/prospects/cap dumps etc. The base of the trade needs to be the pick and a player in return.
We are not trading our first. Period.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
You think the league's 28th placed team should trade the 4th overall pick to get rid of a contract that has 1 year left after this one? When they have no chance at competing and already have over 9M in cap space? Any owner that told his GM to do that to save money should have their team taken away from them.
Yeah, no!

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
in an ideal scenario brandt clarke.

devils aren't in a position to offer their first round pick in a trade and protecting it would make the matter worse, as the 2022 draft currently looks stronger than the 2021.

stay the course. build through the draft. use the cap space to add assets on the cheap. a stellar, young rhd (prospect) won't be made available.
...and then pickup Hamilton in FA!

dayner

May 23, 2017
Clayton Keller is listed at #6 on The Athletic Trade Board. PHX is looking to recoup some picks from the big no-nos with the NHL. I can imagine it might require more than just the 1st but it would be a real good starting point for a trade.

Reactions: Billdo

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Devils arent trading the pick if it isn't for a young, cost controlled top-6/4 player with upside to be better

Odds of that happening are slim

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Canucks offer JT Miller for your 2022 1st rounder + small addition.
Laughable. The plus is on the wrong side. Does JT Miller play defense? We need defenseman and this draft is loaded with them at the top. Try replacing Miller with Quinn Hughes

Devils first round pick is going to be top ten and most likely top 5 if not a lottery pick. Our first is just as untouchable as Quinn Hughes is.

Edit - I just realized you are asking for our 2022 first and not 2021 first which we are not trading either bc we still won’t be a playoff team

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Laughable. The plus is on the wrong side. Does JT Miller play defense? We need defenseman and this draft is loaded with them at the top. Try replacing Miller with Quinn Hughes

Devils first round pick is going to be top ten and most likely top 5 if not a lottery pick. Our first is just as untouchable as Quinn Hughes is.

Edit - I just realized you are asking for our 2022 first and not 2021 first which we are not trading either bc we still won’t be a playoff team

Yes, 2022 pick. OP asked for established top-four defensemen or top-six forwards.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Yes, 2022 pick. OP asked for established top-four defensemen or top-six forwards.
It’s too early to trade our 2022 first bc we don’t know what the team is going to look like but right now not great and that would probably be a nice pick as well. We have 2 wingers that are ufa in Gusev and palms and we don’t know if they will resign or be traded so acquiring wingers would be an off-season move most likely. We just drafted 2 wingers with elite upside in holtz and mercer so who knows if they will develop to make the team next season- probably not. The team desperately needs a young top pairing defensemen to play with ty smith

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I know the first three and assume Skej is fourth?
  1. Jaccob Slavin
  2. Brett Pesce
  3. Dougie Hamilton
  4. Brady Skjei

So does that mean you're assuming Fleury, Bean etc are available? If Hamilton prices him outta a job in Carolina who fills that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad