Devils 2019 offseason team discussion (news and notes) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I probably would, but I feel that Ray Shero will not trade Will Butcher for anything except a huge win in a trade. It is not a good look as a general manager or as an organization as a whole when a big time college free agent chooses your team and you go ahead and trade him less than 2 years later.
It does look bad, but we're overloaded with depth on the left side with Smith, Butcher, Greene, Mueller, and Davies, and Butcher is probably the best trade chip of the bunch. Something's got to budge.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I think Matties Ekholm is a more realistic target.

Some outside the box thinking. Two trades with Nashville, where the Devils retain 3.5 million of Subban's contract (38.89%) for the Predators. Works perfectly for the Devils for when Jack Hughes next contract will start, and Mattias Ekholm next contract would be. Works well for the Predators because they will have 7.25 million of extra salary cap space.

To NJD:
PK Subban

To Nashville:
Mike McLeod
Mirco Mueller
2019 34th overall pick
2020 1st round pick (top 3 protected)

THEN

To NJD:
Mattias Ekholm

To Nashville:
PK Subban (38.89% contract AAV retained)

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I think Matties Ekholm is a more realistic target.

Some outside the box thinking. Two trades with Nashville, where the Devils retain 3.5 million of Subban's contract (38.89%) for the Predators. Works perfectly for the Devils for when Jack Hughes next contract will start, and Mattias Ekholm next contract would be. Works well for the Predators because they will have 7.25 million of extra salary cap space.

To NJD:
PK Subban

To Nashville:
Mike McLeod
Mirco Mueller
2019 34th overall pick
2020 1st round pick (top 3 protected)

THEN

To NJD:
Mattias Ekholm

To Nashville:
PK Subban (38.89% contract AAV retained)

It sounds like a trade that would get blocked and then cost the Devils and Predators a draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad